Key Account Manager - National Food Eastern Region
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
- Meets or exceeds assigned sale forecast
- Achieves promotion and sell-through objectives by brand and customer
- Manages BDF/MDF funds to meet or exceed sales forecast while staying within budget and policy guidelines
- Forecasts business to meet sales standards
- Manages expenses within company policy guidelines
- Develops total understanding of:
- Our Customer’s business environment and needs
- Our category and market
- Competitive strategy
- BIC internal operating policy and procedure.
- Develops long term relationships with customers key personnel, department managers and functions through customer penetration. Regular contact with:
- Ecommerce & Digital content team(s)
- Supply Chain/Logistics
- IT/Customer Service
- Communicates information and customer needs across the BIC Organization. Leads, organizes and facilitates both internal and external teams to meet customer’s needs.
- Develops customer business plans that take Into account long-term goals, strategies and results. Takes into account profit and volume implications of various alternatives to both BIC and our customers. Develops conceptual presentations drawing from all internal and external resources needed
- Negotiates business plans at customer business planning sessions that achieve business unit’s long and short-term volume and profit goals. These plans should ensure customer performance at or above standards in all key POS-driving areas: Assortment, Pricing, Merchandising, Advertising, and Promotion
- Through customer business planning, program development and communication, ensures complete execution of agreed-upon plans. This includes:
- Facilitating plan compliance across both customer and internal organizations (including all administrative details)
- Forecasting customer purchases on a timely basis
- Communicating and coordinating customer-specific promotions through the BIC and Customer’s organization
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3-5 years of direct sales experience
- Requires a high degree of technical knowledge, skill and ability for the consumer products industry. This requires the same high degree of working knowledge of:
- Customer operations, sales planning, and performance metrics
- Personal computer and related software products
- Sales related skills and techniques such as:
- Customer business planning
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making and problem solving
- Category Management
- Retailer financials
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.