Global Branding Director
- Shelton, CT 06484, USA
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences
The Global Branding Director is charged with bringing branding management expertise to the organization by ensuring that the brand is managed consistently throughout all touchpoints by:
- Becoming the single point of expertise and reference on brand positioning for BIC
- Driving branding thought leadership - telling the story of BIC’s brands – throughout the global organization rooted in strategic corporate objectives
- Enhancing BIC’s brand perception and equity globally, by putting all the tracking and measuring tools in place
- Immersing all stakeholders in the strategic imperative and value of global branding alignment throughout the value chain – ExComm, Brand Teams, Customers, Consumers and Media
- Collaborating with Brand Portfolio Directors, Global Sustainability Director and Global Education Director to provide trailblazing global initiatives + expertise that fuel growth for BIC brand portfolios, with a specific focus on consumer centricity and innovation
Main Responsiblities include:
Provide brand positioning recommendations with validation grounded in consumer insight and micro and macro market trends as well as societal needs. Ensure implementation throughout the organization, on global and local initiatives.
Develop and implement brand books including the roles of sub-brands that drives global activation excellence , in collaboration with Brand Portfolio Directors
Own the Brand Center of Expertise in the organization by implementing the strategic vision, process support, methodology, testing plans and mechanisms and tracking process to align our brands to their positioning
Help define Global Creative Content that aligns with brand books globally and delivers on brand strategy and objectives by region
Provide Media Mix suggestions that amplify the brand positioning with relevant KPIs to measure successful campaigns
Develop new brands and cross segments synergies where they exist being mindful of brand positioning fit
Manage packaging guidelines leveraging best practices globally in the areas of environmentally smart offerings
Build, inspire and lead team of three brand leaders :
Designer – Brand Communications Focus
Contribute expertise to Leadership Team on the BIC Brand & Innovation Council
Build and nurture relationships with key cross functional partners including Global Portfolio Directors and their Teams, Market & Consumer Insight Teams, Communication Teams, Legal Experts and New Territories Expansion colleagues
Bring BIC brands to life in market through smart commercial insight and brand expertise connecting the dots across brands, portfolios, consumer and regions
- Undergraduate Degree required; MBA preferred
- 14+ years of global brand building experience in consumer packaged goods
- Strategic thinking and vision
- Ability to work collaboratively across geographies to drive branding excellence
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with leaders on all levels both inside and outside the organization inspiring others through personal style and delivery
- Track record in communication development driven by expertise in brand development and creation of brand purpose, mission + values.
- Passion for consumer and marketplace fueled by an ability to create, articulate and execute a strategic vision
- Creativity and out of the box thinking
- Agility and grit that delivers results
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Global mindset and passion for growth
- Ability to travel 25% of the year
Apply Today! There's never been a better time to join BIC. We're a dynamic company with a strong vision. You will find a wealth of possibilities in a challenging and rewarding work environment. As an organization, we have a passion for taking care of our people, and our benefits reflect this. Join BIC and let’s invent our future, together!
BIC Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.