Associate Designer - A&F Seasonal Design
- Columbus, OH, USA
At Abercrombie & Fitch, we’re on a mission to inspire our customers to be confident, feel comfortable, and face their fierce, and our goal is to create relevant products and brand experiences that allow them to define the narrative of their own stories. We approach the work week with a long weekend mindset: free from stress and with time well spent, we have the ability to realize our full potential. Together, we inspire one another to team up, build up and show up. We aim high and get shit done. Together, we are all leaders, no matter our position or tenure. Always inclusive and welcoming, we take collective pride in helping one another feel as confident and comfortable as we can be.
Are you aesthetic-obsessed? Passionate about typography, logo marks, and the perfect color palette? Would you jump at the chance to be part of reinventing one of the world’s most recognizable brands? At Abercrombie, we’re doing just that — and our Creative Department is seeking an Assistant Digital Designer with an exceptional eye to join our cause.
In this role, the Associate Designer works within the Seasonal Design team on concepting and designing brand campaigns and collateral based on A&F seasonal marketing initiatives. This opportunity is focused on creating digital visual executions across all marketing channels based on established style guides and art direction provided by creative leads. You’ll collaborate closely with Creative Directors, Digital Strategists, Online Merchants, and Brand Marketing teams to create innovative and on-brand creative for the global Abercrombie brand. The best candidates recognize the value of a connected brand experience, from desktop to mobile to stores, and have a passion for solving problems, influencing in a cross-functional context, and delivering exceptional design.
At Abercrombie, you’ll be part of a diverse and collaborative team of creative, strategic, and curious individuals who are constantly looking for new ways to learn about our customers and push the envelope in our efforts to inspire them. Candidates should have a true passion for brand storytelling, an amazing eye for aesthetic and layout, and strong communication and organizational skills. As a member of our creative team, you’ll be encouraged to push boundaries and stay curious in leading Abercrombie & Fitch forward.
This position will report directly to our Senior Seasonal Designer and is based at the A&F campus in Columbus, Ohio.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Working closely with the Seasonal Design team to concept and implement a cohesive visual style for seasonal brand marketing campaigns
- Partnering with design leads, digital strategists and merchants to visualize and execute design solutions across all brand touchpoints
- Collaborating with imagery and copy teammates to elevate the visual storytelling around trend and lifestyle stories for product campaigns
- Maintaining consistent on-brand creative standards using a brand style guide
- Managing design workflow and deadlines within a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Contributing to seasonal and campaign kick-off presentations with department and company leadership
- Maintaining an intimate understanding of the brand DNA and customer and staying up-to-date on fashion e-commerce industry trends and other retail brands as they pertain to A&F’s competitive landscape
- Utilizing a strong sense of team-orientated, positive, proactive and project driving skills on a daily basis
What Do You Need to Bring?
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Marketing, or related field required
- Minimum 1+ years of Digital Design experience within a high-paced, cross-functional creative environment, preferably within Marketing/Retail
- Experience working in an iconic, branded environment for an international organization
- A strong portfolio of relevant design work showcasing abilities across multiple platforms
- Strong design and conceptual skills with a good understanding of typography and layout for mobile media
- Experience communicating and collaborating within a creative marketing team
- Proficiency in a variety of rapid prototyping and design tools – Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS and XHTML
- Experience with motion graphics and Adobe After Effects a plus
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and passionate about branding and the e-commerce landscape
ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER © ABERCROMBIE & FITCH CO. 2012