Control & Automation Trainee
- Jinja, Uganda
Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients. Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria. Our brewing heritage dates back more than 600 years, spanning continents and generations. From our European roots at the Den Hoorn brewery in Leuven, Belgium. To the pioneering spirit of the Anheuser & Co brewery in St. Louis, US. To the creation of the Castle Brewery in South Africa during the Johannesburg gold rush. To Bohemia, the first brewery in Brazil. Geographically diversified with a balanced exposure to developed and developing markets, we leverage the collective strengths of approximately 200,000 employees based in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The Control & Automation trainee programme is a structured 18 month programme which is designed to address the acquisition of technical skills and experience for graduates as well as familiarize them with the company culture and principles. The rigour of the programme ensures that an individual that has completed the programme can be allocated an area of responsibility immediately
- The Technical Traineeship is primarily a hands on, self-study program where the Trainee is expected to gain a full understanding of the theory, principles and the Control & Automation processes
- Apply VPO principles
- Participation in the team structures including acting roles in identified positions, i.e. within Maintenance, Planning Systems and Control Systems
- Complete and be competent in Generic Modules within VPO, Engineering, Safety, Safety & Environment, Control & Automation
- Complete identified Projects within the Engineering C&A Training Programme
- Participation in projects in the Plant environment aligned to the program requirements and brewery priorities
- Diagnosis of systemic and situational problems and troubleshooting
- Communication of learnings and solutions across various levels of the business
- Maintain workplace safety, housekeeping and risk free standards
- Manage and control manufacturing systems infrastructure, Control and automation processes, databases and applications to ensure sustained integrity and stability of the environment
- Proactively optimize manufacturing systems to improve quality, efficiency and/or functionality
- Lead users through manufacturing systems interventions and change
- Work in teams
- Coach, guide and assist with training of all production employees
- Facilitation, project management and development of systems and/or reports to satisfy the requirements of production
- Assist with ensuring that the manufacturing systems environment remains aligned with the manufacturing systems strategy
- Identify and motivate technical CAPIN justification
- Improvement of manufacturing systems, process control and database knowledge within Production
- Understand and assist with network, IT support and process control
- BSc Computer Science, BTech /BEng Electrical Engineering, BSc Mechatronics or relevant equivalent tertiary qualification
- Basic programming knowledge
- Computer knowledge
- Self starter
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for shortlisting.
The company policy requires that your immediate manager is informed of your intention to apply for the role and only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.
Ensure your CV is attached, in a PDF format.
ABInBev is an equal opportunities employer and we promote gender equality in the company.