Senior Accountant, Tax and Treasury
- 1415 Joshuas Creek Dr, Oakville, ON L6H 7L9, Canada
WW Canada is looking for candidates to help change people’s lives. We are a global wellness technology company inspiring millions of people to adopt healthy habits for real life. We do this through engaging digital experiences, face-to-face workshops and sustainable programs that encourage people to move more, shift their mindset and eat healthier while enjoying the foods they love. By drawing on over five decades of experience and expertise in behavioral science, we build communities in order to deliver wellness for all.
This position is responsible for accounting, analysis, reporting and compliance of all Treasury and Tax related functions, including: reconciliations, journal entries, cash flow schedules, along with other duties as assigned. The incumbent will be proficient in accounting, audit and government regulations. They should be able to meet deadlines, pay attention to detail, and communicate openly and effectively, managing internal and external business relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reporting directly to the Manager of Financial Reporting, the Senior Accountant will provide support for accounting and reporting tasks in an effort to ensure the accuracy and timeliness reporting requirements such as the month-end close, as well as the accuracy of financial reporting
- Assisting the Controller with the analysis on the reasonability and accuracy of the General Ledger (G/L) accounts. Drill down on the G/L details and prepare analysis using V-lookups, pivot tables etc.
- Manage Treasury functions– cash reconciliations, wire payments, monthly Cash Flow schedules, partner distributions, liaison with banks and lenders
- Conduct intercompany borrowing and investing activities
- Ensure adherence to SOX controls, including record keeping and data testing as required
- Work closely with audit partners and submit all required files and documents
- Preparation and upload of month end journal entries as required
- Reconciliation and maintenance of selected balance sheet accounts
- Strict adherence to month end close timelines
- Assist in preparation of quarter-end balance sheet reporting packages
- Prepare, file and manage monthly VAT/NRT/Corporate tax remittances
- Research tax issues and present conclusions to the Controller
- Work with inside and outside tax preparers to gather supporting documentation and to construct tax working papers for tax returns
- Initiate recommendations for improvement and efficiencies
- Provide analysis as requested
- Assist management with special projects and perform all other accounting and reporting tasks as assigned by Controller
- 3-5+ years of related experience
- Must possess and demonstrate an understanding of fundamental accounting, assurance and tax concepts
- Must be proficient in government statutory regulations
- CPA designation required coupled with a four-year degree in Business or Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Strong computer skills, with intermediate or better knowledge of Excel
- Must be organized, deadline and detail oriented and knowledgeable in the field of accounting, and demonstrate sound business judgment
- Must display strong oral and written communication skills, including the ability to research, resolve and communicate discrepancies on a timely basis.
- Must be able to work in paperless environment efficiently and effectively
- Knowledgeable in the use of Oracle and JDH preferred
- Works in a comfortable office environment.
- Concentration and focus required for prolonged periods of time using computers.
- May be required to work additional hours during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
- Works in cooperation with all levels across the organization, including teams in the US.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned. May be required to work additional hours during month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.