Medical Assistant - LONGVIEW, TX, (Bilingual in Spanish-$300.00 sign on bonus)
- 1107 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601, USA
At North East Texas Women's Health clinic a division of Wellness Pointe, everyone will receive an exceptional quality of care. The center has expanded into a multifaceted clinic that offers obstetrics, pediatrics, general medicine, family planning, and dentistry. Some of the other services offered by our well qualified staff include education, intervention, and management of the many social issues that impact our community. Everyone is treated in complete confidence. Medicaid, Medicare, and most private health insurance is accepted.
The Medical Assistant provides assistive care to patients. Facilitates the efficient delivery of patient care, supports the professional role of the licensed staff, and provides support and assistance as directed by licensed staff in rendering basic healthcare to the patient.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Interviews patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height, and records information on patients’ charts.
• Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
• Acts as a chaperone for health care providers during patient examination as requested and assists with procedures.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments. Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
• Gives injections or treatments, and coordinates routine laboratory tests.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Current Medical Assistant Certification(preferred).
• Typically requires 1 - 2 years experience in a medical setting
• Requires a valid Texas Driver's License, appropriate driving record and auto
liability insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute
• Must be able to adhere to all client related policies and procedures including confidentiality
• Must be able to speak Spanish and English fluently
• Familiar with goals and general methods of practices used by medical staff.
• Ability to interpret, understand, and carry out orders.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with co-workers, visitors and
patients; and accept supervision/direction.
• Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
• Must be able to maintain a pleasant and professional attitude toward patients and personnel.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
• Superior organizational and problem solving skills
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The occupant may, at times, lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.
Medical Assistants that are fluent in Spanish will receive a $300.00 sign on bonus.