Certified Nurse MidWife
- 1107 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601, USA
At Wellness Pointe, everyone will receive an exceptional quality of care. The center has expanded into a multifaceted clinic that offers obstetrics, pediatrics, general medicine, family planning, and dentistry. Some of the other services offered by our well qualified staff include education, intervention, and management of the many social issues that impact our community. Everyone is treated in complete confidence. Medicaid, Medicare, and most private health insurance is accepted.
Under a collaborative agreement with a physician, provides patient care and education to assigned caseload of obstetrical and gynecological patients in accordance with established midwifery practice guidelines. Educates and acts as a consultant for WP staff in normal child birth.
• Provide direct prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum patient services and primary care to low risk and at-risk obstetrical and gynecological patients, using general accepted standards of practice, which includes assessment, diagnosis, treatment consultation and co-management of at-risk patients, and referral when appropriate to either MD/DO only management or referral to consultant, such as Maternal Fetal Medicine.
• Assists with the follow-up care of referrals and provides the appropriate information to the referral source.
• Provide inpatient care for obstetrical patients in accordance with hospital protocols for Certified Nurse Midwife care.
• Participate in call rotation for the OB/GYN department per individual contract obligation and with MD/DO backup.
• Monitors quality of patient records and ensures inclusion of all appropriate findings, recommendations, follow-up care and referral.
• Provides educational and other related services for well women care; manages well women care for essentially healthy women through their life cycle.
• Provides staff and student education.
• Assists in the review and development of standing orders and policies and procedures. Provides consultative direction as needed.
• Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
• Participates in a team approach to patient care and provides for effective communication to other system staff to ensure continuity of care. Assumes additional responsibility and performs other duties consistent with the requirements of state licensure.
• Follows established guidelines for use and/or disclosure of protected health information.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Advance Practice Nurse licensed to practice in the State of Texas. Board Certified.
• Graduate of an approved and accredited program for Nurse Midwifery.
• Certified Nurse Midwife. Certification by National Organization, ACCE.
• One year of experience as a Certified Nurse Midwife preferred.
• CPR Certified.
• Requires a valid Texas Driver's License, appropriate driving record and auto liability
insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute.
• Demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area; and demonstrated leadership, teaching, research and communication skills are required.
• Knowledge of the Texas Nurse Practice Act goals and general methods of practices used by other professionals participating in public health programs.
• Ability to practice public health medicine; to work productively alongside professional associates and other groups within the community.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
• Superior organizational and problem solving skills.
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The occupant may, at times, lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.