Breastfeeding Peer Counselor
- 1107 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601, USA
At Wellness Pointe, everyone will receive an exceptional quality of care. The center has expanded into a multifaceted clinic that offers obstetrics, pediatrics, general medicine, family planning, and dentistry. Some of the other services offered by our well qualified staff include education, intervention, and management of the many social issues that impact our community. Everyone is treated in complete confidence. Medicaid, Medicare, and most private health insurance is accepted.
The Breastfeeding Peer Counselor will be responsible for counseling/educating pregnant and breastfeeding women on proper breastfeeding health and techniques.
• Assisting new mothers to avoid common Breastfeeding problems.
• Provide support and information to mothers who may need help and/or advice.
• Refer mothers with complicated breast feeding issues.
• Teach use, cleaning, and assembly of breast pumps when needed.
• Assist Breastfeeding Coordinator as requested.
• Assists in other clinic areas as needed.
• Must adhere to the Code of Ethical Conduct for Clinic Professionals.
• Carries out other duties as assigned.
Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment.
The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Ability to work with a moderate noise level in the work environment is required.
The occupant may, at times, lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Have completed the breast feeding peer counselor training as required by WIC SA.
• Must meet job requirements for Breast Feeding Peer Counselor.
• Are receiving WIC or have received WIC benefits.
• Have successfully breast-fed at least one infant or expressed breast milk for at least on baby.
• Have the ability to work outside of regular clinic hours and outside of the WIC clinic.
• Requires a valid Texas Driver's License, appropriate driving record and auto liability
insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute.
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Proficient is MS Windows environment.
• Have demonstrated leadership, responsibility and reliability as a Breast Feeding Peer Counselor.
• Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
• Superior organizational and problem solving skills.
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.