- 1107 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601, USA
At Wellness Pointe, everyone will receive an exceptional quality of care. The center has expanded into a multifaceted clinic that offers obstetrics, pediatrics, general medicine, family planning, and dentistry. Some of the other services offered by our well qualified staff include education, intervention, and management of the many social issues that impact our community. Everyone is treated in complete confidence. Medicaid, Medicare, and most private health insurance is accepted.
In this role, the Psychiatrist will provide professional psychiatric expertise for the assigned programs/department as well as conducts professional psychiatric examinations and treatment for patients.
- Supervises and/or consults with other staff members regarding clinical work with patients who present psychiatric complaints and symptoms (e.g., suicide potential, psychotic reactions, medical management problems, etc.), with specific emphasis in area of specialization (e.g., chemical dependency).
- Assesses the physical condition of a group of patients by performing physical examinations and obtaining medical histories.
- Formulates the medical plan and prognosis based on patient's condition.
- Consults with physician(s) regarding patient health care plans and treatment.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify and assess the patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Prescribes medications for patients identified as appropriate for medication intervention.
- Serves as the medical specialist in assigned programs/areas of responsibility to provide medical and psychiatric functions.
- Oversees and coordinates professional staff education and training in assigned programs/areas of responsibility.
- Counsels patients, families and significant others about health and illness, and promotes health maintenance.
- Evaluates, plans, implements, and re-evaluates the care of individuals requiring emergency measures.
- May refer patients to physician for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Medical degree in medicine from an accredited school and licensed to practice in the state of Texas.
- Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
- Minimum two years of direct work or intern experience
- Mental and physical health sufficient to meet the demands of the position.
- Must be able to adhere to all client related policies and procedures including confidentiality.
- Requires a valid Texas Driver’s License, appropriate driving record and auto liability
insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute.
- Comfortable treating patients of all ages
- Demonstrated clinical competence and in-depth knowledge of specialty area; and demonstrated leadership, teaching, research and communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of goals and general methods of practices used by other professionals participating in public health programs.
- Ability to practice public health medicine; to work productively alongside professional associates and other groups within the community.
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- The ability to work independently and effectively under pressure.
- Superior organizational and problem solving skills
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.