Medical Billing Specialist
- 1107 E Marshall Ave, Longview, TX 75601, USA
At Wellness Pointe, everyone will receive an exceptional quality of care. The center has expanded into a multifaceted clinic that offers obstetrics, pediatrics, general medicine, family planning, and dentistry. Some of the other services offered by our well qualified staff include education, intervention, and management of the many social issues that impact our community. Everyone is treated in complete confidence. Medicaid, Medicare, and most private health insurance is accepted.
In this role, the Billing Specialist is responsible for accurate and responsive billing to patients and third party payers for obtaining payment for medical, dental, and vision services rendered.
• Billing patients and insurance companies
• Correcting insurance denials
• Posting payments
• Working accounts receivable, Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
• Maintains bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
• Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
• Maintains quality results by following standards.
• Protects clinic’s value by keeping collection information confidential according to HIPAA guidelines/regulations.
• Enhances billing department and clinic reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of 1 year of previous medical billing experience or certification program
• Requires a valid Texas Driver's License, appropriate driving record and auto liability
insurance that meets the minimum required by State of Texas statute.
• Must be able to adhere to all client related policies and procedures including confidentiality.
• Knowledge of medical billing/collection practices
• Knowledge of billing software
• Knowledge of medical terminology and coding
• Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Demonstrated human relation and effective communication skills also required.
• Superior organizational and problem solving skills
Wellness Pointe is an Equal Opportunity, 'Veteran Friendly' Employer.