- 28738 The Old Rd, Valencia, CA 91355, USA
WayForward has been developing video games in Southern California for over 30 years. In that time, we have launched hundreds of games with partners such as Activision, Apple, Capcom, Disney, Konami, Sega, WB, Universal, and many more! Our games are known for their classic, satisfying gameplay, beautiful art and animation, and compelling characters, story, and worlds. They have routinely received top scores on Metacritic and a multitude of awards and nominations from media outlets such as IGN, Gamespot, Destructoid, and Polygon. Notable titles include: The Shantae series, Mighty Switch Force, A Boy and His Blob, DuckTales: Remastered, Aliens: Infestation, Contra 4, and games based on popular brands including Adventure Time, Batman, Silent Hill, Double Dragon, and Marvel.
We are looking for a talented and motivated artist to the fill the position of Art Director.
The candidate must be highly responsible and must be able to coordinate and communicate effectively across all art disciplines. A solid understanding of all art disciplines is a must as well as direct experience in one or more.
- Collaborate with art leads to schedule and coordinate art tasks
- Maintain visual quality and consistency across all art disciplines
- Motivate and inspire the art team ensuring they keep the artistic style consistent with the project's defined visual style
- Build a positive work environment within the art team that encourages learning and expanding of their artistic skillsets
- Develop visual concepts and ideas together with team leads
- Create or supervise the creation of concepts, illustrations, sketches, and supporting documentation to maintain and develop a clear visual style
- 5+ years industry experience
- 1+ year experience in an Art Director position
- Strong traditional art skills
- Able to work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Expert knowledge of one or more 3D packages (3DSMax, Maya, ZBrush, etc.)
- Expert knowledge of at least one modern 3D engine
- Able to effectively critique art across multiple disciplines
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Passion for making and playing games
Due to the situation with COVID-19 Wayforward is currently working remotely. Applicants that are located close enough to work onsite at our Valencia office is preferred, but we are also open to considering applicants that would need to work remotely indefinitely.