Microbiologist- Oil & Fats
- Sagamu, Ogun State, Nigeria
WACOT is all about making the most of opportunities. We are a part of TGI Group well diversified into Agro-Allied, manufacturing and trading operations. We started in Nigeria more than 20 years ago and today our ambition to build strong and sustainable businesses for the benefit of all our stakeholders continues to grow.
- Performs microbial analysis on water, food, and the environment to obtain required information
- Ensure availability of resources for effective microbiological laboratory testing of raw materials, intermediate, packaging materials, and finished products and ensure Safe products for consumers
- Maintain the approval status of the microbiology laboratory for pathogen testing
- Lead and support the conducting of Food Safety and microbiological risk assessments where appropriate for existing processes.
- Support investigation and remedial actions in event of defective products reaching the market or detected on site
- Ensures calibration and maintenance of assigned microbiological equipments
- Collection/supervision of sample collections
- Conduct microbiological analysis of all collected/submitted samples and micro analysis of food processors and other strategic environments
- Coordination of activities in dispatch, sorting and quarantine analysis/shelf life products
- Report and records of microbiological analysis results and environmental and/or products audit
- Develops and documents various microbiology laboratory processes
- Perform tests on component samples, identify contamination and perform analysis for appropriate source for same and initiate corrective actions
- Ensures the safety of food products and explain how to control the contamination of food.
- First Degree (B.Sc.) or HND (Microbiology/Applied Microbiology)
- 3 years post NYSC experience as a Microbiologist preferably in edible oil industry
- Proven Proficiency in pathogen testing/ evaluation
- Attention to detail
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and proactive