Cotton Procurement Officer
- Gombe/ Funtua, Gombe/ Funtua, Nigeria
WACOT is all about making the most of opportunities. We are a part of TGI Group well diversified into Agro-Allied, manufacturing and trading operations. We started in Nigeria more than 20 years ago and today our ambition to build strong and sustainable businesses for the benefit of all our stakeholders has continued to grow.
We seek a Cotton Procurement Officer to establish a sustainable relationship with trusted suppliers that can be leveraged to gain competitive advantage.
Location: Gombe/ Funtua
- Keep abreast of the developments in the local cotton market to identify the value chain and leverage on opportunities
- Build relationship with Farmer/ LBAs/ Ginneries
- Understand Seed Cotton and Lint Quality and ensure adherence to quality standards during Procurement
- To work ethically and maintain and promote the image of Wacot among suppliers and across the market
- Develop and report insights and analysis of local cotton market covering elaborate capacities of Farmer/ LBA/ Ginneries; quality and availability of Seed Cotton
- Regularly conduct SWOT analysis to create and sustain a competitive edge within the market
- Establish a sustainable and strong relationship with trustworthy partners
- Ensure successful closing of a procurement process with regards to contractual agreement, documentation, and shipment.
- Design and execute profitable initiatives
- 4 years’ experience in procurement industry, ideally in cotton related procurement
- Existing relationships with LBAs, Ginneries and other operators in local cotton market preferred
- Understanding of Cotton Quality preferred
- Integrity, Team Player, Hard working
- Fluency in Local Language
- HND/ BS in any discipline
- Business acumen
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good bargaining, pricing and negotiation skills
- Problem solving, data literacy and analytical skills