- Gombe/ Funtua, Gombe/ Funtua, Nigeria
WACOT is all about making the most of opportunities. We are a part of TGI Group well diversified into Agro-Allied, manufacturing and trading operations. We started in Nigeria more than 20 years ago and today our ambition to build strong and sustainable businesses for the benefit of all our stakeholders has continued to grow.
We seek a Quality Officer to ensure quality in line with established specifications and system from production inputs, in-process and finished products.
Location: Funtua/ Gombe
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitor Input Seed Cotton and production processes to ensure alignment with the established desired Lint Cotton quality standard and Outturn
- Follow/Develop efficient and adequate sampling and testing techniques
- Conduct conclusive analysis on the quality of production lot
- Ensure timely, consistent and informative reporting
- Develop effective methods to monitor and control wastages
- Ensure proper storage of Bales to prevent losses
- Ensure cotton seeds are properly classified based on level of quality
- Ensure quick and clear communications with the production and maintenance team
- Ensure proper utilization and management of quality data
HND/BSC in science related course
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in quality systems capacities, ideally in commodity industry. Cotton Preferable
- Local Language Fluency
- Hard working and Integrity
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- High level of professionalism and the ability to multitask.