Software Engineer (Back-End)
- 1085 Gayley Ave, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Founded in 2016, VoxelCloud is a U.S. (Los Angeles)/China (Shanghai)-based leader in AI analysis of medical images. Backed by Sequoia and Tencent. We help doctors make better/faster/earlier diagnoses and related clinical decisions. http://www.voxelcloud.ai
We are looking for experienced software engineers who specialize in backend development in Los Angeles. Your primary focus will be developing server-side logic, defining and maintaining both web-hosted data server and local database, to ensure high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end and research team.
- Define, develop and implement complex platform to support big data and deep learning applications
- Develop infrastructure and data products deep learning research and development
- Work closely with research team to design and develop applications and service that will scale medical imaging data storage, annotation and utilization.
- B.S/M.S. in Computer Science or other related majors
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- Software development background with fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
- Proficiently programming in Python preferably on Linux platform
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres)
- Experience in leading the design and execution of complex applications to solve ambiguous problems impacting business
- Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
- Experience handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with web frameworks such as Node.js, Flask, Django, etc.
- Experience developing or working with SOAP or REST API services
- Experience leading and managing a development team with great coordination and communication skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Critical and logical thinker
- 5+ years of software development experience within a professional setting
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.