Senior Manager, Solutions Management – BI Data Engineering
- Arlington, VA
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Business Intelligence Solutions group within the Global Data and Business Intelligence (GDBI) organization works with internal stakeholders to enable faster decision-making, data democratization and self-service through building innovative, scalable best-in-class dashboard and reporting solutions. Our goal is to empower and enable business partners to glean valuable insights from Visa's unique global data assets.
We are looking for an established business intelligence professional to manage a team of data engineers. Successful candidates have strong experience in developing complex data solutions for business intelligence applications. This role will be hands-on focused on building data pipelines and solutions at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
As a Sr. Manager, you will establish data processes, data solutions, and automations, based on business and technical requirements by leveraging Visa supported big data technologies and third-party tools.
- Manage small to large data engineering projects either individually or as part of a project team.
- Extract and manipulate large datasets using standard tools such as Hadoop (Hive), Spark, Python (pandas, NumPy), Presto, SAS, SQL etc.
- Utilize Visa's data analytics capabilities, technology, and industry expertise to develop, standardized and implement BI data sets.
- Find opportunities to create and automate repeatable analyses or build streamlined data flows for business owners.
- Develop solutions within an agile development process leveraging Visa’s single source of truth (SSoT) framework.
- Participate in business requirements gathering, effort sizing, and architecture planning
- Provide operational monthly production support.
- Communicate complex concepts and the results of the analyses in a clear and effective manner.
- Build, lead, and develop a team of high performing data engineers.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of technical experience leading business intelligence or data analytics projects.
• 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD.
• Build and maintain high performing ETL processes in Hadoop including data quality and testing.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL with experience with HQL, Presto, etc.
• Experience in Python, Spark, and exposure to scheduling tools like Tuber.
• Experience working in an Agile or fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Should have strong problem-solving capabilities and ability to quickly propose feasible solutions.
• Create data dictionaries, setup/monitor data validation alerts and execute periodic jobs to maintain data pipelines for completed projects.
• Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
• Experience with visualization software (e.g. Tableau/MicroStrategy) is a plus.
• Visa experience or knowledge of payments industry is a plus, but not mandatory.
• 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD.
This position is open to locations in Denver, CO, Arlington, VA, and the Bay Area.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.