Sales Account Manager
- Lagos, Nigeria
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world.
If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
This position will perform a key leadership and transformational role in the development of Cybersource Sub Sahara Africa (SSA) expansion plans. Working in
strategically targeted countries, this role will be focused on appraising the market opportunity and delivering strategies that enable
Cybersource to identify, qualify and contract with new merchants and resellers.
This is an account management position, and as such the candidate must possess strong commercial acumen and extensive payments industry knowledge to be a spokesperson for the organization both internally and externally.
• Direct responsibility for Cybersource business development within the SSA region inclusive of sales of online payment, fraud
management solutions and ancillary products to enterprise level clients and global organizations.
• Create and develop sustainable long term relationships with key Enterprise customers.
• Manage close working partnerships with Visa Inc. stakeholders in the CEMEA/SSA Region, including Group Country Managers,
Business Development Managers, MSS Leaders and Country Risk Managers.
• Responsible for maintaining business opportunities and building a pipeline of activity from initial qualification to delivery of revenue.
• Interface with country leads on key elements of product expansion, demonstrating deep financial insight and collaboration with
• Leveraging internal resources and marketing programs as well as industry knowledge and personal sphere of influence to ensure
all internal stakeholders are appropriately engaged to ensure successful conclusion and implementation of key opportunities.
• The post holder will be the interface for Cybersource in market and as such should present themselves as credible and confident
with the ability to negotiate at Senior Management and Board level as well as being comfortable with enterprise procurement
• Report to management regularly and provide timely updates on both Pipeline and Forecasts for all product lines and services
• Negotiation of pricing and discounts as well as contractual terms within set parameters
• Build an understanding of the product and regulatory requirements within region so Cybersource can position its services
appropriately for successful expansion.
• Create and execute against change management requirements, implement best practice and maintain as strong focus on internal
efficiency and functional collaboration. Lead initiatives which have a direct impact on customer engagement and be an advocate
of a 'customer first' approach.
• Proven experience of successfully developing & maintaining business in a start-up/growth environment (i.e. early stage company or new
division in existing company).
• Experience in selling product or solutions, preferably in enterprise software, BPM, SaaS, Professional Services, or IT
industries. Payment services experience strongly desired.
• Ability to interpret different data sources and extrapolate learnings and identify possible course of action / correction
• Ability to think strategically and develop go-to-market plans, with a willingness to develop high-quality tools, collateral,
presentations to execute your vision
• Strong buyer journey and sales enablement orientation—message, buying-cycle-savvy, understanding of sales methodologies,
customer business process focused, effective tools/proof.
• Expertise in analyzing and managing closed-loop marketing/sales processes
• Significant customer relationship management and influencing skills in a solution sales environment
• Significant experience of working with customers who have complex multi region operations with aggressive growth plans
• Demonstrated experience of constructing strategic plans and successfully executing against them with a collaboration mindset
• Must be able to skillfully prioritize and manage concurrent projects and issues.
• Self-starter with exemplary organization and resolution management skills
• Committed to service excellence and added value through exceeding client expectations and anticipating client needs. Works in
close partnership with clients to achieve their aims and develop a mutually beneficial working relationship.
• Possesses a clear understanding of the broader competitive environment and forges strategic links outside the business.
• Provides clear, long term strategic direction supported by clear objectives while building new approaches and strategies needed
for the company to evolve.
• Co-ordinates and implements departmental strategies that support the group strategy; clearly communicates/cascades strategy
information to appropriate stakeholders.
• Engages with others to proactively think about responding to competitor moves, external threats, or emerging business
• Achieves results by driving self and others to achieve results and surpass goals using sound processes that reflect governance
discipline and efficiencies. Consistently strives to achieve and improve upon quality standards expected by colleagues and clients.
Works across boundaries and in partnership with others to achieve goals.
• Identifies growth areas/new opportunities for business by anticipating future needs/trends in industry. Seeks out internal/external
perceptions and data; uses these to shape strategic plans.
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling
of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and
actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa Payments Limited is a better place to work and a better
business partner to our clients.