Director, HR & Learning Systems (Strategy, Transformation and Innovation)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s HR & Learning Systems Strategy, Transformation and Innovation organization, a team that is responsible for driving the transformation towards world class workforce and partner experiences across the HR & Learning technology landscape. Workforce experience is a differentiator that enable Visa’s leaders to continue positioning the company for growth in the years to come. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The role will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm. You will have the unique opportunity to lead the systems strategy roadmap for our external platform capabilities by engaging key customers and being part of a growing business that will scale.
The HR & Learning Systems (Strategy, Transformation, Innovation) organization is part of Human Resources, which under the leadership of our Vice President constitutes an integral part of Visa’s Human Resources organization and reports to the Senior Vice President of HR Operations.
We are a key driver of change through purposeful technology. We are an established, successful global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of employees. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- You drive the strategy around the design of the platforms in harmony to produce an excellent workforce and partner experience. Purposeful integration and simplicity in creating delightful HR & Learning experiences are a hallmark of your record of accomplishment.
- You use years of experience in design thinking, HR & learning technologies, product management, data analytics and people leadership to drive change that propels an organization forward. You believe intrapreneurship is a thing and can easily move between riffing on a new approach to engage fintechs on developing scalable delivery models that attract and deliver on Visa-verified solutions.
- You have extensive prior experience managing and supporting multiple HR technology products and orchestrating their cohesion (includes but is not limited to HRIS, LXP, LMS, Talent, Recruitment, Benefits, content providers and custom platforms). This could be in support of internal employee needs or external business partner and customer training.
- You are driven by curiosity about new technologies and tools to enable workforce and partner experiences. Following, collaborating and synthesizing the innovation landscape is part of your DNA.
- You are a collaboration expert and successfully can woo a crowd of matrixed stakeholders. You feel deep satisfaction from consensus-building and strive to educate and empower diverse thought partners in your everyday interactions
- You love exploring and prototyping new workforce experiences. This could be through partnerships with suppliers to spearheading a HR & Learning hackathon that produces new prototypes for addressing workforce needs.
- You have exceptional presentation and communication skills and thrive at delivering clear and concise messages that resonate with all audiences.
- Your way of doing people research is by talking to them (often) and capturing the essence of those connection points
- You do not need all the answers. You are resourceful, relentless and resilient and leverage your skills in asking the right questions to drive disparate resources towards the right answers. You will be working in a startup-like environment within a matrixed organization, this type of work should energize you
- You live for figuring out how a new platform works – often stress testing its features and advocating for potential new features you think would add additional value. Leveraging your detail orientation enables you to oversee plans to shape the delivery of a work product and drive large project teams across the finish line
- You have been successful at making work and life balance in harmony while meeting the always-on nature of a global corporation. Working well under the pressures of a fast-paced organization that is seeking to maintain market dominance for the next 20 years is your speed.
- You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own
1. Think Big and Dive Deep - Lead small, medium and large-scale implementations including (but not limited to): Key investments in HR & Learning’s multi-year systems roadmap, modernizing our global workforce experience through technology and driving innovation through your innate ability to sense what is meaningful and simple to our workforce:
- Set a vision for and use your influencing skills to lead HR technology strategy teammates towards a well-orchestrated and supported program plan that ensures effective launch and implementation
- Translate program design into an innovative, technologically forward thinking and operational efficient solution that balances things like quality of workforce experience and operational cost of delivering
- Be accountable for the transformational work occurring within the various cross-functional agile teams delivering on work by driving requirements and scope
- Act as a strategic business partner to leadership by transforming strategic goals and priorities into business solutions and then implementing digital solutions coupled with modern and efficient business processes
- Operate at all levels, stay connected to the details, audit frequently, and are skeptical when metrics and anecdote differ. No task is beneath you that might live in other HR functions, system development/IT, HR Operations and production support
2. Invent and Simplify - Innovate and Grow the HR & Learning Product Portfolio: You will have an opportunity to evolve the existing product portfolio and launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the portfolio of solutions you own can evolve into the future. By leveraging your own knowledge of HR & Learning solutions and your vast network, you are able to articulate progressively evolving roadmaps that ensure an integrated workforce experience. Sometimes innovation means completely new ways of thinking and sometimes it means simply delightful tweaks to existing solutions. You operate on either ends of that spectrum and find joy in doing it.
- Elicit and document requirements, perform impact analysis and create process improvement recommendations for complex technology projects that touch multiple domains in HR & Learning
- Collaborate with IT and vendors to plan, implement, and build the right features / enhancements with a focus on solutions that solve for enterprise, end-to-end HR & Learning processes
- Hunt for big ideas that identify and solve important HR problems and move beyond incremental features and instead propose a complete end-to-end automated solution
3. Earn Trust - Act as strategic business partner to HR leadership: You will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal HR and IT stakeholders – to evangelize the work we do, ensure a common understanding of the experience and scale it effectively across the organization. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal and external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a senior internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
4. Customer Obsession – Start with the customer and work backwards: You will work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust while having a bias for action. Speed matters and many decisions are reversible and do not need extension study. We value calculated risk taking.
- Lead and drive UAT for large technology program delivery
- Propose improvements for internal processes with an eye towards automating the manual (reduce all debt)
- Provide project management support and communications for complex projects as well as anticipate and raise risks and propose mitigation plans
- Use a combination of product instinct, data, and teamwork to ensure we provide well-crafted solutions
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12 years of progressive experience in end-to-end product management in software or web technologies
- Extensive experience in building and/or architecting custom HR & Learning systems with multiple integration requirements, either in a start-up or corporate environment
- Pertinent experience configuring cloud systems including (but not limited to): Workday, SmartRecruiters, Degreed, Cornerstone, or other HR & Learning tools
- Background in management consulting or MBA a plus
- 8 or more years of experience eliciting and gathering business requirements, including proven experience with:
- Running requirements workshops with multiple business stakeholders
- Writing user stories
- Creating process flows
- Fit Gap Analysis
- Impact Analysis
- 5 or more years of experience creating and executing on project plans, tracking dates and status and providing project updates to peers and senior leadership (Agile methods preferred)
- Relevant experience in the software development life cycle (plan, analyze, design, implement, maintain) including systems testing which includes corner cases and unusual scenarios
- Expert at documenting current and future state process, challenging the status quo and looking across functions for ways to automate and reduce manual work
- Extraordinary communication and translation skills where clearly articulating technology concepts simplifies the needs required across a different group of stakeholders
- Deep functional experience with HR & Learning domains (you understand what it takes to make HR & Learning functions successful because of your hands-on experience with Workday as an example)
- Expert storyteller with proven experiences building and presenting to senior leadership on complex themes
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Location is flexible and requires willingness and ability to travel 15-30% when safe to do so.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Work Authorization: Authorization to work in the U.S. is a precondition of employment for this position. Visa will not sponsor applicants for work visas in connection with this position.
Relocation assistance will not be offered