Programmatic Sales Manager (m/f/d)
upday is a media and tech company and the leading news app in Europe with more than 25 million MAUs. Founded in 2016 as a joint project between Axel Springer and Samsung Electronics, upday became profitable after just 3 years in the market.
If you’re looking to join a dynamic and international team full of fantastic talent that has the energy of a start-up but the stability of an established media company - look no further, we are your match!
- Negotiate and close Private Auctions, Programmatic Guaranteed- and Preferred Deals in Google Ad Manager for upday’s app and website inventory
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of the industry, specifically the programmatic media marketplace
- Develop and execute sales plans, metrics, goals, budgets and revenue forecasts
- Leverage external relationships and professional network to generate sales leads
- Develop new business through prospecting and own network of contacts
- Lead all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting and researching the marketplace, presenting, negotiating and closing sales
- Understanding of agency, advertiser, data, and vendor trends
- Collaborate with the team to plan and carry through on the execution of the deals
- Completed Bachelor's and/or Master's degree or a commercial apprenticeship
- You have already gained at least 2 years of solid professional experience in digital marketing and programmatic advertising
- Basic knowledge of RTB, SSP’s, DSP’s, DMP’s and their relation to each other
- Wide network of agencies (DE market & international)
- You are a team player and have a good technical understanding
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- You are well structured, communicative and can deliver excellent results also under time pressure
- You have very good English skills and ideally basic German skills
We believe in culture first, skills second: If you are truly interested in this job, you should apply - even if you do not fulfill 100% of the requirements. Because a cultural fit is more important to us than an extra grain of qualification!
Why joining us?
- New Work atmosphere with flat hierarchies, fast decision-making processes and an inspiring high-pace environment
- A great opportunity to work with talented and diverse colleagues from different departments of the upday family (technology, product, marketing, editorial)
- In addition to free drinks, fresh fruit, you will receive discounts in the Axel Springer canteen|restaurant and benefit from other advantages of belonging to the company
- We are located in a brand new and terrific open-plan office in the heart of Berlin
- This position is full-remote and for 4 days / week possible
- A lot of team building event such as summer party, lasertag, christmas party, boat party, karaoke
- Frequent pizza and beer events and afterworks on our 360 rooftop
- Queer seite regroups LGBTQIA + people working for AS group who organise events, talks and pushes LGBTQAI+ agenda within the AS group and drives new projects to make AS more inclusive.
- Every year we do an employee nps survey to measure satisfaction
- Feel free to check our alumnis reviews on Glassdoor & Kununu
What we offer?
- We provide an onboarding in terms of office equipment in all of the regions and countries through an external service provider (Mac or Microsoft notebook, and Samsung phone)
- We provide visa advisory support through a external service provider
- We participate and or host a lot of amazing events such as Tech Con | Women in Tech | Women mentoring programm | Hackathons | congresses | job fairs
Are you interested? Looking forward to reading your application!
Because I am your contact partner for this position: Stella Bailleux.
In order to simplify the flow of reading, we restrict ourselves to masculine terms in the course of the text. Nevertheless, diversity is an essential part of our corporate culture! We are looking forward to receiving all applications regardless of gender, nationality, ethnic and social origin, religion, ideology, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity.
A small insight into how we live and implement diversity and inclusion at upday can be found here: https://www.diversity.axelspringer.com/di-stories/upday