Security Analyst - Incident response
- Montreal, QC, Canada
At Ubisoft Montreal, a preeminent developer of video games located in Montreal’s dynamic Mile-End neighbourhood since 1997, we offer a work environment unique in the industry for allowing you to build and cultivate games that are part of critically acclaimed, iconic AAA franchises of international repute.
When you join Ubisoft Montreal, you enter a community of passionate, extraordinary developers connected by their need to innovate, to be creative and to work with the latest technology. You’ll discover a world where employees enjoy constant career advancement, a supportive learning environment, and competitive compensation packages and some great gaming industry specific perks.
The Incident Response Team works in collaboration with company-wide security resources and management to ensure proper coordination, mitigation and risk reduction of identified security incidents. They will respond to incidents reported to the team and use their technical expertise to query data and uncover evidence of malicious activity, block the activity, then provide recommendations to the various teams on how to prevent it from happening again.
As a member of the incident response team, your mission will be to, conduct cybercrime investigations, kick off emergency vulnerability patching campaigns, and threat hunt through troves of data. At the same time, you will be responsible for designing live dashboards and reports, maintain documentation on all incidents in order then to structure the information and present it to all stakeholders.
- Lead incidents, acting as a central point of contact globally within Ubisoft;
- Query log sources to assess suspicious behaviour;
- Aggregate logs between disparate sources and structure them into a readable report then communicate it to stakeholders;
- Extract data from previous attacks and coordinate with other teams to reduce the repetition of incidents;
- Develop, maintain and document operational processes;
- Write recommendation reports for major investigations;
- Design live dashboards to communicate incident statistics to multiple teams and management.
Education and Relevant Experience
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or a college diploma in technology with a specialization in cybersecurity;
- 2 + years experience as a security analyst specializing in the incident response and/or digital crime analyst.
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with Splunk (preferred) or any other SIEM;
- Good understanding of logs (firewall, account connections, web/proxy filter);
- Query expertise (logical operators, filtering, time limits, wildcards);
- Good ability to analyze and investigate;
- Ability to popularize, synthesize, document technical details and explain to them clearly to management, lawyers, HR or other stakeholders;
- Demonstrate autonomy and curiosity in a proactive approach;
- English and French required (written and spoken).
Skills and competencies show up in different forms and can be based on different experiences, that's why we strongly encourage you to apply even though you may not have all the requirements listed above.
At Ubisoft, you can come as you are. We embrace diversity in all its forms. We’re committed to fostering a work environment that is inclusive and respectful of all differences.