Human Resources Manager (CPA Firm)
- Modesto, CA, USA
Our Client located in Modesto, CA is seeking to hire a Full-Time Human Resources Manager. This is a dynamic opportunity for the right candidate!
Our Client is a full-service accounting and management consulting firm that helps businesses prosper and succeed. As one of the largest public accounting and management consulting firms between Sacramento and Fresno, our client has the resources to help in the most challenging situations.
Our Client is committed to provide their professionals the opportunity to grow into our next generation of leaders. Their unique support system emphasizes professional development to ensure individual career objectives are achieved. They pride themselves on growing organically and find success in developing and retaining talented professionals.
Our Client's Motto:
Work here, live here, play here. Invested in our community.
Our Client's Values:
Integrity, Commitment, Innovation, Teamwork, Excellence
Our Client is seeking a top tier professional who is driven, takes initiative, and demonstrates an enthusiastic attitude. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to make decisions.
The HR Manager implements and continuously reviews Human Resources and Firm policies, procedures, and programs to assure they are in-line with the ever changing regulatory and compliance laws. This position is responsible for all aspects of the Human Resources function, including the recruiting, hiring, orientation and training, employee relations, compensation, benefits, as well as the retention, and career/succession planning for the professional and general team member and to assure the Human Resource function is handled consistently across the Firm's multiple operations.
The position consults and assists management to ensure that uniform standards of working hours, overtime, vacations, leaves of absence/absenteeism, severance pay, holidays, and related policy areas are maintained. Oversees the administration of the Firm's compensation program, including employee benefits, and the wage and salary function to include the annual performance evaluation process.
Key Job Duties:
- Defines all Human Resources programs. Administer firm policies and procedures, coordinate annual revisions to company employee handbook and other HR materials.
- Monitors legal and regulatory exposure of the company.
- Front line liaison for the partner group in handling team member issues and concerns.
- Maintains thorough understanding and knowledge of current hiring practices and recruitment strategies. Establishes standard recruiting, onboarding & offboarding practices and procedures.
- Manages the full life-cycle recruiting process for all exempt and non-exempt searches including assessing staffing needs, posting job requisitions and job advertisements, screening of all candidates, coordination of interviews, consultation with managers in hiring decisions and extending job offers.
- Attend, organize and facilitate on-campus recruiting events with HR partner and other professional team members. Pre-screen applicants and forward to the HR Partner for interview selection. Coordinate the interview process for possible candidates. Participate with interviews and facilitate the multi-step interview process.
- Support all operational elements surrounding the new hire on-boarding process. Develop and ensure standard operating procedures are in place.
- Maintain new-hire packets in line with ever-changing federal and state labor laws.
- Facilitate pre-employment background checks and reference checks for applicants.
- Prepare and extend offer letters to new team members.
- Maintaining company directory and organizational charts (aka the Knowledge Center).
- Administer in-house training programs. Assists division and department supervisors with planning, development, implementation and adaptation of applicable training programs. Provides necessary education and materials to team members—workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, standardized reports.
- Provides guidance and assistance in the development of employee injury prevention, risk management, general office, industrial and safety programs, and coordinates company-wide safety training programs.
- Key contributor to wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, employee benefit programs and services programs. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containments.
- Provides guidance and support to supervisors in all tasks related to performance management. Assists supervisors in selecting and carrying out appropriate methods for correcting performance deficiencies.
- Maintain a good understanding of group health insurance and 401k plans and assist employees with application process and ongoing concerns.
- Distribute materials for benefits orientations, open enrollment and summary plan descriptions.
- Assist with leave of absence administration.
- Benefit administration, reconciling and auditing of benefits against payroll records on a monthly basis.
- Manages the separation process, including collection of final documents, exit interviews, and sending required documents/final paycheck to the supervisor or departed employee. Completes all required internal notifications regarding separations.
- Responds to claims for unemployment insurance, including preparation of supporting documentation and managing the appeals process.
- Process employment verifications.
- Assist with other jobs and duties as necessary.
Qualification and Skill Standards:
- Advanced technical computer skills in Microsoft office, Excel, Word, Power point.
- Proficient in payroll and recruitment, ATS software environments.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, superior organizational and multitasking skills, resourceful, flexible, prioritization skills/adaptable to changing priorities.
- Strong written, analytical & oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Discretion and understanding of the sensitive nature of confidential information.
- Self-Motivated / proactive / ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks while working on fast paced team.
- Team player
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university. PHR preferred.
- At least five (5) years’ similar experience. Prefer 3+ years recruitment experience. Experience with 50+ employee base desired.
- Current and active CA Driver’s License
- PHR level certification desired
Salary: $52,000 (DOE)
- Generous Vacation and Sick Pay Policy
- Holiday Pay
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefit programs. The Company will provide a generous monthly contribution towards the employee’s premium. The firm pays 95% of the employee medical premium and 50% of spouse/dependent premium for the base plan. The firm pays a generous contribution towards Dental and Vision benefits. Employee contributions are deducted on a pre-tax basis.
- Life, AD&D insurance is provided for you, paid by the company.
- Long Term Disability Insurance is provided by the firm. 100% of the monthly premium is paid covering 66 2/3% of basic monthly salary up to a maximum of $6,000 - whichever is less.
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Account for Medical and Dental Care Exp Reimbursement Plan
- Roth and traditional 401(k) Plan with Company contribution and match
EEO Policy Statement:
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. In compliance with applicable law and its own policy, Our Client is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of staff or in the provision of its employment benefits to its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, or mental or physical disability.