Project Manager - Lead Design Engineer
- NCR, Chantilly, VA, United States
Established in 2017 and headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, Toomey Technologies is a SBA Certified HUBZone and Woman Owned Small Business that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our customers.
Toomey Technologies has an opening for a Full Time Project Manager with an RCDD and an active Top Secret Clearance. The Project Manager is responsible for providing contractual and design support working at the customer’s facility in Crystal City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD) will work in a collaborative technical analysis and cost estimates (TACE) team with a project manager and customers to provide technical leadership.
- Report to and provide tasking related updates (as predetermined) to Passive IT (PIT) Engineer Manager and/or designated Site Passive Engineer/ PIT Site Lead for action review and to confirm proper priorities are in alignment with Team plan. (Daily/Weekly Dynamic Action Schedules).
- Input information either gathered via site survey or provided from the Passive and Active Engineering and Technician staffs for the TACE process.
- Work with the TACE team to develop Statement of Work and passive requirements and pricing as part of the TACE development.
- Query the database and generate necessary reports and drawings (Merged and ZBD Cut sheets, Rack Elevations, etc.) as needed in support of both Pre and Post Passive and Active IT activities.
- Ensure that all Passive and Active IT data entries are updated and maintained in a timely manner within the Planet IRM Database.
- Attend necessary continual education courses and ensure that all required Planet IRM Training certifications are up to date and maintained.
- Coordinate proactively with Planet database managers and Planet support staff to ensure that any Planet updates/upgrades/outages are scheduled well in advance and with adequate advance notice to ensure that work schedules are not impacted.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 8-10 years of related hardware engineering experience.
- Must have 2+ years of managing small to midsize Passive IT Planet IRM Engineering crew/teams.
- Must have 5+ years of on the job hands on experience in most aspects of Passive IT Planet IRM Engineering.
- Must have current RCDD by Building Industry Consulting Service International (BICSI) or equivalent.
- Must possess a current Top Secret Clearance.
- Excellent customer service skills, addressing the needs of both the external and internal customers.
- Must possess both Team Lead and Team Support service and communications skills.
- Must possess self-sufficient, self-starter, proactive work approach and strong work ethic.
- Must be proficient in electronic communications skills to include e-mails, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Must be willing to work different shifts/extended shifts as required and to be on call and available for possible emergency work when needed.
- Must possess and demonstrate adequate cognitive abilities to perform Passive IT Planet IRM problem solving and work productivity solutions.
- Must possess and demonstrate adequate abilities to navigate between Planet and SharePoint in order to generate multiple types of various Planet Reports and post them (as needed) in areas for group access when required.
- Must have excellent working knowledge of associated Telecommunications blueprints/drawings, Zone Distribution and Riser System and associated Merged and ZDB Cut sheets in conjunction with the Work Area Outlet faceplate labeling schema.
- No relocation provided. Local candidates only.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.