Mid Level Software Engineer
- NCR, Fairfax, VA, United States
Established in 2017 and headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, Toomey Technologies is a SBA Certified HUBZone and Woman Owned Small Business that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our staff has over twenty years of experience in the Government community and applies past knowledge and experience to prepare and assist our clients through their challenges.
Immediate opening for a talented and motivated Mid Level Software Engineer. Looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a solid IT background that wants to help drive mission forward. Candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance multiple-simultaneous tasks to keep pace with our team of high performers. Candidate will work on an Army engineering and integration project in support of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers. The project involves building a series of tools to support the Combat Engineer to advance engineering, reconnaissance, and surveying capabilities. Candidate will work with an agile software development team to develop and test a custom geospatial application utilized by the U.S. Army.
- Develop new features as requested by the customer
- Develop interfaces in software for various hardware devices when required
- Maintain and update existing features and fix bugs
- Participate in sprint planning and daily standups
- Learn and adapt to new technologies (both hardware and software-based)
Qualifications & Skills
- U.S. citizenship
- Secret security clearance (or the ability to obtain one)
- Will sponsor clearances.
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- 3+ yrs. of related experience in software development
Desired Qualifications & Skills
- Proficiency with C#/.NET
- Experience with Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Experience with ArcGIS Runtime
- Experience with open source GIS technologies such as GDAL
US Citizenship is mandatory
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.