Business Requirements Analyst
- NCR, Northern, VA, United States
Established in 2017 and headquartered in Manassas, Virginia, Toomey Technologies is a SBA Certified HUBZone and Woman Owned Small Business that designs and delivers innovative, cost-effective solutions for our government customers. Our staff has over twenty years of experience in the Government community and applies past knowledge and experience to prepare and assist our clients through their challenges.
The project supports the VA in modernizing the delivery of benefits and services for Veterans, as well as provides strategic guidance to the Office of Business Process Integration (OBPI). The Business Requirements Analyst will be responsible for organizing and leading requirements elicitation sessions with VA stakeholders and providing functional guidance on business needs throughout a hybrid agile development lifecycle. The analyst will be responsible for guiding stakeholders through the requirements gathering process to ensure deadlines are met, along with monitoring and communicating project progress and risks.
- Business requirements elicitation and user story documentation experience in hybrid agile methodologies
- Ability to communicate, identify, and extract business needs during in-person and virtual client working and business requirements sessions
- Identify gaps in processes, and opportunities for improvement or automation
- Ability to prioritize system requirements based on user needs, business processes, and implementation constraints
- Experience and aptitude for working and communicating with diverse stakeholders, teams, and clients face-to-face
- Ability to conduct user interviews and perform detailed data analysis to identify appropriate data sources, key facts, and dimensions that support the business requirements
- Experience in reviewing business and technical/application requirements; interpreting and developing workflow processes into conceptual and logical data models design using dimensional modelling leading practices
- 1+ year of experience in business requirements elicitation and development
- Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment across multiple work streams
- 1+ of industry experience at this level, and provides strong analytical support while serving to help identify the scope and objectives of project engagements, as well as, provide analytical support and research within the firm on a day-to-day basis.
- At a minimum has a completed undergraduate degree in Business. Administration, Finance, marketing, Accounting, engineering, Economics, MIS or related discipline
- Experience working with Word, Excel, Visio, and Rational suite or a similar requirements management tool
- Must be a US Citizen with ability and willingness to acquire U.S. Security Clearance
- Process modelling experience and knowledge of documenting workflows start-to-end
- Experience working in Rational suite or similar requirements management tool
- Strong written and verbal communications skills to support business writing, professional correspondence and meting facilitation
- Onsite coverage may be required for days that are not government holidays.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite (PPT, Word, Excel)
US Citizenship is mandatory
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.