- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Our client is a Benefits Broker looking for an Account Manager to join the team in the Philadelphia area! They are an independent risk management, insurance brokerage, and employee benefits consulting firm. This role will focus on handling accounts/groups, ranging from 20 employees to 50+ employees. This is a newly created position due to growth!!
- Oversee the management and servicing of an assigned book of group Employee Benefits clients who are located both locally and nationally
- Act as the primary contact between clients and insurance carriers and retaining clients through a high level of customer service which includes open and clear communication channels with clients, producers and internal partners. Ensure accurate and timely responses occur between all parties.
- Identify problems, summarize and develop strategic solutions with the client by incorporating the company's culture, mission and future staffing needs into our recommended strategic solutions.
- Prepare materials needed for current and prospective client meetings including but not limited to open enrollment guides, sign-off sheets, spreadsheets, etc.
- Engage in regular client contact as established by the client service calendar and renewal timeline. Client contact will include all methods: electronic, telephonic and in person.
- Communicate due dates, timelines and expectation to clients and partners.
- Conduct on-site meetings to communicate to employees and/or administrator about their benefit plans
- Provide resolution support and oversight of employee issues such as claims, enrollment, and billing issues.
- Assist with the claims review process especially for self-funded or alternatively-funded plans
- Minimum 2 years of experience in employee benefits industry or related marketplace
- Prior customer service experience
- Must currently maintain an active Life & Health Insurance license and retain license by meeting the continuing education requirements.
- Proficient use of applicable technology, including Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work well within a collaborative, team environment
- Willingness to learn and continue educational advancements in the Benefits industry
- Organization skills, ability to set priorities and manage workflow to ensure efficient, timely, and accurate deliverables in accordance with company policies, procedures and deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
- Independent problem solving and critical thinking skills