Human Resources Manager
- Wayne, PA, USA
The primary function of the HR Manager is to lead all culture practices to provide a positive employee experience aligned with core values and give their expertise and support in the areas of performance management, employee relations, employee engagement and satisfaction, policy and procedure development, and HR compliance. In conjunction with the senior leadership team, they are guardians of the organization’s culture and core values.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to adhere to each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to do so. Excellent communication and time management skills. Team player with a “can do” attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a member of the Executive team providing strategic support on direction of the business.
- Lead by example by living company’s core values and culture in day to day behaviors and interactions with all levels of colleagues Partner with internal stakeholders to create and implement strategies for employee engagement and retention.
- Function as the main liaison with payroll and HR vendors.
- Manage performance appraisal and career development processes and assist with goal development. Collaborate on suggestions for individual training that will enhance growth and development.
- Participate in coaching, counseling and advising management and staff to ensure resolution of escalated employment related matters.
- Create and/or update policies, procedures, and guidelines as needed.
- Implement new and/or enhance existing staff recognition and rewards programs.
- Lead the exit interview process thus managing the reputation of the organization upon employee separation.
- Supervise team members as necessary.
- Manage and maintain employee intranet and associated resources.
- Create and oversee the recruitment process. Ensure tools are available to create a proactive recruitment pipeline/sourcing strategy by property.
- Create and manage total rewards program to support a positive employee experience/culture.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislations. Ensure adherence to federal, state, and local requirements, advise management on needed actions to remain compliant and mitigate risk.
- Keep abreast of industry knowledge and trends and provide cutting-edge recommendations to management.
- Act as a trusted business partner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Needs to demonstrate company’s core values
- Minimum 4-year degree in Human Resources or equivalent required.
- SHRM or HRCI Certification preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5+ years of HR experience in the above areas.
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of HR policies and procedures, and knowledge of Federal and State regulations, including FLSA, FMLA, COBRA, ADA, HIPAA, and EEO laws and regulations required.
- Must have familiarity with all aspects of HR including compensation, recruitment, benefits, training, employee relations, and performance management.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ability to lead meetings and presentations, and ability to interface with all levels of staff with tact and diplomacy is a must.
- Previous supervisory experience required.
- The successful candidate will have strong organizational skills and fluent understanding of HR analytics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
- Previous HRIS experience required.
- Must effectively advocate for both staff and management.
- Act as a collaborative team player, possess a strong customer service orientation, and be a consultative problem solver.
- While this is primarily a desk job, candidate must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.