- Philadelphia, PA, USA
Schiller Grounds Care, Inc. engineers, manufactures and markets some of the world’s most sought-after lawn and garden care equipment. Our passion for innovation, quality and reliability is evident throughout our full line of high performance products used by professionals, avid gardeners and homeowners around the globe.
This position is responsible for managing the general accounting function at Schiller Grounds Care, including inventory and fixed assets, as well as overseeing the Accounts Payable (AP) and Accounts Receivable (AR) functions and related employees. This position will be responsible for delivering the monthly and year-end close including the review of staff journal entries and general ledger account analyses. This position is also responsible for evaluating and making improvements to internal accounting processes, ensuring that adequate controls are in place and practices are in line with the overall Company policies and guidelines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Execute the month-end and year-end closing process including review of trial balance reports, preparation of journal entries, review of staff journal entries, and related analysis. Ensure accurate posting of various subsystem journals to the general ledger.
- Oversee the Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable functions for all of Schiller, managing the employees and processes related to those functions. Identify areas of opportunity to improve control and efficiency.
- Evaluate, develop and implement accounting controls, policies and procedures to ensure that account balances are accurate and implement opportunities to increase efficiency, accuracy and productivity.
- Reconcile physical inventory and investigate variances.
- Effectively train, cross-train, develop and mentor staff members.
- Assist in the annual business planning process as requested.
- Act as primary contact with outsider auditors in connection with annual audit.
- Working with Corporate office, prepare annual tax packages.
- This is a fast paced environment requiring above average time management skills with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 7+ years of general ledger, cost accounting and financial reporting experience; CPA or CMA a plus
- Prior supervisory experience is a must.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient knowledge of integrated ERP systems in a manufacturing environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint (including use of Pivot tables, Vlookups, and other functions).
- Strong analytical ability to gather and interpret information
- Strong leadership skills, able to work with multi-disciplined teams at various levels.
- Possesses a take charge attitude with high level of self-motivation, and the ability to successfully operate in a matrix environment.
- Health/Medical Benefits
- Dental, Vision, etc.