- Vineland, NJ, USA
Our client is a leading supplier of fresh-cut and frozen produce, as well as specialty prepared refrigerated foods and purees. They are in need of a Procurement Specialist. This role is responsible for the negotiation and purchase of fresh produce, ingredients, and/or packaging materials.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors
- Understanding commodity market conditions
- Negotiating pricing
- Monitoring inventory levels,
- Reordering at optimum time and price,
- Troubleshooting issues, and negotiating transportation prices.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-4 years of purchasing experience, preferably in the fresh produce industry
- Strong, advanced Excel skills
- ERP systems knowledge
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience negotiating commodities, contracts, etc.
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative, team player; internally and externally
- Results focused individual with strong initiative
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment balancing multiple tasks
Great company culture and benefits!