Account Representative/Inside Sales- Food industry
- Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Our client, is a gourmet food company. Founded in 1968, the Company imports, distributes, and co-packs products from around the world. Our dedication to the highest quality products and services has made us the leader in pastry and chocolate products for the professional chef. We serve leading hotels, restaurants, casinos, cruise lines and manufacturers with innovative, high quality products and solutions to their most demanding culinary challenges. We operate a network of distribution centers across the U.S. and serve select International markets as well. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD.
The Inside Sales/Account Representative will be assigned to grow customer base by selling AUI products. Serve as an AUI Resource to our clients and industry. Build expert knowledge of the product assortment, brands and all services offered by AUI. Assist call center queue coverage.
- Develop sales and account management strategies per customer and product groupings. Develop efficient call schedules to cover the account base. Build name recognition for Company and self.
- Reach or exceed all sales goals as directed by Sales Management. Reactivate inactive customers in multiple geographic areas and sales regions.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with assigned accounts. Maintain existing business and help with customer service troubleshooting and resolution. Cooperate with Gastro reps to manage all transactions within assigned account base. Implement sales and account management strategies and tactics as directed by Sales Management.
- Culinary experience or College Degree in business, marketing/sales, or other; or food degree or equivalent; or one year sales experience (or 1 plus years foodservice experience) preferred.
- Baseline Knowledge & Skills: Experience in and knowledge of food service or hospitality industry, relationship-based sales, culinary experience, customer service.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude.
- General computer skills (Excel, Word).
Base plus commission/bonus!