- Vineland, NJ
Our client, Gerresheimer, is a leading global partner to the pharma and healthcare industry. They have worldwide operations and about 10,000 employees manufacture products in local markets, close to their customers. With their plants in Europe, North America, South America and Asia, they generate revenues of approximately EUR 1.4 billion.
The Manufacturing Manager will be responsible for assisting in planning, organizing, and controlling the activities of the departmental operational functions of the plant.
Day to Day:
- Responsible for supervising Plant Engineer, Production Shift Supervisors, and Technical Supervisor
- Manage the production functions of the plant, and oversee the production process of raw and finished goods
- Review and approve adequate plans for the control of planned outputs, departmental budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, engineering effectiveness, customer service, and assists order entry efficiency
- Develop, establish, and provide maintenance of reporting systems relating production
- Ensure that the Plant standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all Production Department functions
- Review performance against operating plans and standards
- Provide reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in direction of plans.
- Responsible for the motivation and development of subordinates to optimize their performance and their personal and professional growth
- Responsible for GMS Methods and Tools initiatives
- Review and approve the implementation of manufacturing and organizational plans that support the Operations Master Plan
- Assist in establishing objectives and procedures governing the performance of assigned activities. Issue specific annual objectives to immediate subordinates and review objectives of the operations management
- Identify training needs, initiate development of subordinates, and recommend effective personnel action
- B.S. Engineering, Business and/or Operations Management
- Experience in glass manufacturing (3-5 yrs. experience preferred) or related manufacturing industry
- Previous experience in managing employees and recruiting, training, and motivating personnel
- Excellent English speaking written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills, SAP a plus
- Demonstrates behavior that meets Good Manufacturing Practices, Safety and Good Housekeeping requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.