Underground Utility Locator
Timmons Group is seeking a full time experienced Underground Utility Locator for our Survey Group located in our Raleigh, NC office. The Underground Utility Locator assists the survey crew by locating and marking underground utilities for various projects.
Essential duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Provides underground utility flagging “designation” with proficiency utilizing electromagnet equipment and other geophysical means
- Designates all utility line types of conductive or non-conductive materials including water, sewer, gas, electric, fiber optic, PVC, and all other underground facilities that would affect an excavation of a site
- Marks utilities with flags and/or paint and produce a sketch of results for future use by the client
- May be required to learn how to establish survey control and perform locations of utility designation markings using conventional survey equipment including robotic total stations and RTK GPS technology
- Oversees maintenance of survey equipment, supplies and vehicle
- Candidate must be able to work in a team environment, and be willing to work independently on occasion
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- High school diploma/GED and five (5) years of SUE designation and field survey experience is ideal
- Clear understanding of ASCE 38-02 standards and quality levels and their applications
- Experience with robotic total stations, data collectors and GPS is preferred
- Must be able to obtain and hold a federal security clearance
- AutoCAD experience a plus
- Valid NC driver license and a good driving record required
- Must be willing to travel on occasion
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.