Licensed Surveyor/Group Leader
- TBD, Wilmington, NC, United States
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking an experienced Licensed Surveyor/Survey Group Leader to join our Wilmington, NC office. This role will grow and manage our NC survey practice.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for some field visits, recruiting, project management, and some business development although we have much of that covered but more clients are welcome. They will also be responsible for , technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, proposal preparation, negotiating scopes and fees, billing, client follow-up maintenance and assistance in collection of fees when required. The Group Leader must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise. An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required. The successful candidate will manage/perform design related surveying projects using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology. Projects may include boundary, topographical, construction, control networking and high definition surveys. The Survey Manager is expected to perform calculations using surveying formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems. Ongoing communication with the Division Manager, clients, staff and internal design team is essential.
SKILLS/REQUIREMENTS a successful candidate should have the following but not limited to:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Surveying/Engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience and professional registration (NC Licensed Surveyor)
- Has 10+ years of surveying experience
- Working knowledge and experience using Civil 3D software
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing GPS/RTK technology
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and a demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (field crews)
- Strong leadership skills are a must
- Must demonstrate professionalism at all times
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission, and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.