Survey Technician/Senior Survey Technician
- Division: Field Operations
Timmons Group is always accepting applications for experienced Survey Technicians and Senior Survey Technicians for future opportunities. Senior Survey Technician assists in application of principles, methods, and techniques of land surveying by performing the following duties
Essential duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafts subdivision plats, boundary surveys and easement plats
- Prepares parcel descriptions
- Prepares staking maps for subdivisions, infrastructure improvements and site plans
- Prepares cutsheets and construction take-offs
- Drafts topographical surveys and creates digital terrain models
- Performs limited courthouse research
- Submits plats for jurisdictional approval
- Works closely with the project manager and group leader
- May substitute in the field when necessary
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics, Geography, Geospatial Information Sciences or related field or a minimum of three years of progressive survey field experience
- Experience working with GPS and 3D laser scanning a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.