- Division: Field Operations
Timmons Group is always accepting applications for experienced Licensed Surveyors in our Survey Group located in our Charlotte, NC office for future opportunities. The Licensed Surveyor is responsible for the successful management of assigned projects and for the management of assigned client accounts. The successful candidate will manage/perform design related surveying projects using relevant office software, modeling and CADD technology.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management
- Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications
- Proposal preparation, negotiating scopes and fees, billing, client follow-up maintenance and assistance in collection of fees when required
- The Licensed Surveyor must maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise
- An ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required
- The successful candidate will be able to manage/perform projects that may include ALTA/NSPS Land Title, boundary, route, topographical, construction, control networking and high definition surveys
- The Licensed Surveyor is expected to perform calculations using surveying formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Ongoing communication with the Group Leader, clients, staff and internal design team is essential
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- Working knowledge and experience using Civil 3D, MicroStation or equivalent CAD software
- Working knowledge and experience using Leica, Trimble or equivalent survey data reduction software
- Working knowledge and experience creating Machine Control Models
- Working knowledge and experience utilizing GPS/RTK technology
- Preference will be given to those having a working knowledge and experience using Laser Scanning Technology
- Must have a thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Has experience in client development and supervision of the technical work of others (Survey Technicians and field crews)
- Has a working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace
- Candidate must share a commitment to our company’s Mission and Shared Values
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.