North Carolina Stormwater Practice Leader
- 5410 Trinity Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607, USA
Timmons Group is a multi-disciplined engineering and technology firm recognized nationally as a “Best Firm to Work For” by CE News. With more than a dozen offices throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, we provide civil engineering, environmental, economic development, GIS/geospatial technology, landscape architecture and surveying services to a diverse client base. As one of Engineering News Record’s (ENR) Top 500 Design Firms in the country, we are dedicated to being an employer of choice and helping our clients achieve their vision resulting in shared success. For more information, visit www.timmons.com.
We are currently seeking a North Carolina Stormwater Practice Leader to join our Raleigh, NC office location, working directly under our current North Carolina Stormwater Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- The NC Stormwater Practice Leader is responsible for assistance with the successful management of stormwater projects, stormwater support for our NC offices, and staff development.
- Responsible for marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, negotiating scopes and fees, billing and assistance in collection of fees when required, client follow-up maintenance
- The NC Stormwater Practice Leader must: maintain superior relationships with each of his/her clients and cross-sell Timmons Group services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise
- An ability to manage and provide technical guidance to stormwater staff working on mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously for NC offices
- Working with local governments on stormwater management, hazard mitigation and stream restoration/stabilization
Skills/Requirements of a successful candidate include but are not limited to:
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering with equivalent work experience and professional registration (P.E.) in North Carolina, and/or one or more states in which Timmons Group conducts business
- Ideal candidates will have 15 years of engineering experience and previous project and client management experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide stormwater related master planning, analysis and design services for local government clients
- A demonstrated ability to manage project schedules and budgets
- Has experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Working knowledge of CADD and or Civil 3D software (Civil 3D preferred)
- Technical capabilities in HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, SWMM and other stormwater design tools
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace. Candidates must share a commitment to our company’s Vision, Mission and Shared Values.
Timmons Group is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status