Production Planning Manager
- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, South Carolina, us
Thorne is a health and technology company that is disrupting prevention and wellness. By combining dietary and lifestyle recommendations with nutritional supplement intervention, Thorne is at the forefront of personalized health, with a mission to help consumers take control of their health and live a healthy life. Thorne provides at-home biomarker tests to bring the doctor to the consumer’s home. By leveraging its sophisticated analytical software, Thorne helps consumers uncover health insights and confidently take action to optimize health outcomes. Based on individual test results, Thorne’s technology and team can deliver a personalized plan on what to eat, how to exercise, and which Thorne supplements to take.
Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content, and is the proud partner of a number of U.S. National Teams, including U.S. Soccer, USA Hockey, and USA Triathlon. Thorne is one of the fastest growing supplement companies, and is rated the top practitioner-dispensed brand among 30-40 year-olds. For more information visit https://www.thorne.com/.
The Production Planning Manager follows established department procedures to coordinate multi-site production activities involved with the daily execution of the scheduled items in NAV software. The Production Planning Manager works within current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and uses current Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to ensure the consistency and quality of the product as well as efficient utilization of Thorne resources.
- Demonstrates the ability to assess long-range production needs and translates those requirements into a weekly production plan.
- Reviews raw material availability coupled with production activities and/or Outside Contract Manufacturing resources to facilitate the scheduling of production of Thorne products.
- Develops long- and short-range product forecasts for seasonality, intrinsic and extrinsic demand patterns and other potential product movements.
- Program development and execution either within a team or independently, as required.
- Maintains a professional attitude particularly when under stress or deadlines, and demonstrates good sound judgment when required.
- Meets company customer service goals and expectations by collaborating with Master Scheduler and Procurement ensuring production has the materials and resources available as required and meets established objectives.
- Prioritizes work for the day (week) and follows through with that plan under minimal supervision.
- Takes initiative to make sound decisions within the guidelines provided, is consistent, and sees projects through to a satisfactory end with limited supervision.
- Interacts with other departments in a positive and supportive manner.
- Demonstrates initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas, discovering new and better ways of accomplishing collective and personal goals and finds innovative, well thought-out solutions to problems. Administers short-range requirements; updates new data and manages changes.
- Reviews current on-hand inventories and works with purchasing to develop plans for additional production in support of anticipated inventory needs.
- Facilitates production planning activities/meetings as required.
- Communicates with Purchasing on outside manufacturers delivery date expectations and changes; requests expedited purchases of material and packaging components as needed.
- Communicates with the warehouse, QC Lab, QA, and manufacturing group on material, packaging and component flow.
- Provides Master Scheduler updates to manage and maintain the back order report and At Risk Report.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and/or Education: High school diploma or GED, and three to five years’ related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER