- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, South Carolina, us
Thorne is a health and technology company that is disrupting prevention and wellness. By combining dietary and lifestyle recommendations with nutritional supplement intervention, Thorne is at the forefront of personalized health, with a mission to help consumers take control of their health and live a healthy life. Thorne provides at-home biomarker tests to bring the doctor to the consumer’s home. By leveraging its sophisticated analytical software, Thorne helps consumers uncover health insights and confidently take action to optimize health outcomes. Based on individual test results, Thorne’s technology and team can deliver a personalized plan on what to eat, how to exercise, and which Thorne supplements to take.
Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content, and is the proud partner of a number of U.S. National Teams, including U.S. Soccer, USA Hockey, and USA Triathlon. Thorne is one of the fastest growing supplement companies, and is rated the top practitioner-dispensed brand among 30-40 year-olds. For more information visit https://www.thorne.com/.
The Network Systems Administrator follows established Information Technology Department procedures to capably and proficiently install, configure, upgrade, maintain, trouble-shoot and solve technical problems in the network systems, hardware and software of Thorne Research.
- Installs, configures, manages and maintains network devices (firewalls, routers, switches, access points, voice, video, data systems, wireless devices, and other infrastructure devices), server room and closet wiring, and all related hardware and software.
- Initiates, maintains and manages connections, circuits, trunks and equipment.
- Maintains security through secure configurations, secure data links, network and server updates, and encryption.
- Analyzes, modifies, tests and maintains infrastructure systems in cloud-based, on-prem and hybrid models
- Manages internal network (Subnetting, VLANs, and VPNs) and network services (AD, DHCP, DNS, LDAP, PKI, and RADIUS).
- Manages physical and virtual servers (Windows 2012 R2, SQL 2008, SQL 2016, SCOM, SCCM) and server infrastructure (Hyper-V machines, clustering, and snapshots).
- Monitors network security and performance and initiates related troubleshooting actions.
- Creates and maintains documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Receives, prioritizes and responds to incoming work orders, calls, and emails regarding network equipment and servers and connectivity problems.
- Plans, designs and develops local area networks (LANs) and wide area networks (WANs).
- Analyzes and resolves wireless local area networks (WLAN) hardware and software problems in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoots and repairs issues on remotely accessed networks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in area of specialty or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting network technologies
- Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician (CCENT), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP), MCSE, and Network+ certifications are preferred but not required
- Familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
- Proficient understanding of OSI Layers, Layer 2 and 3 switches, and TCP/IP
- Proficient understanding of VPN technology (SSL and IPSEC)
- Experience with project management
- Demonstrable Customer-Focus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently AND as part of a team
- Proficiency in AWS Cloud infrastructure
- Proficiency with Cisco Network Architecture, including Meraki products
- Proficiency in Microsoft server technologies, including Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of server virtualization best practices
- Basic PowerShell scripting
- Demonstrated Hyper-V skills
- Strong understanding of Firewall/IPS/IDS systems
- Strong Office-365 management knowledge, including DLP and Compliance tools
- Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
- Build, develop, motivate, and engage highly performing teams and work cross-functionally.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER