- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, South Carolina, us
Thorne is a health and technology company that is disrupting prevention and wellness. By combining dietary and lifestyle recommendations with nutritional supplement intervention, Thorne is at the forefront of personalized health, with a mission to help consumers take control of their health and live a healthy life. Thorne provides at-home biomarker tests to bring the doctor to the consumer’s home. By leveraging its sophisticated analytical software, Thorne helps consumers uncover health insights and confidently take action to optimize health outcomes. Based on individual test results, Thorne’s technology and team can deliver a personalized plan on what to eat, how to exercise, and which Thorne supplements to take.
Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content, and is the proud partner of a number of U.S. National Teams, including U.S. Soccer, USA Hockey, and USA Triathlon. Thorne is one of the fastest growing supplement companies, and is rated the top practitioner-dispensed brand among 30-40 year-olds. For more information visit https://www.thorne.com/.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES COMPANY PAID EXTENDED TRAINING IN SANDPOINT, ID.
The Buyer II follows established purchasing department procedures to coordinate activities involved with managing suppliers and necessary production material to purchase order specification(s) and monitor and measure the supplier performance (SPR-Supplier Performance Report) in the areas of delivery, quality, cost and responsiveness. The Buyer may be directed to conduct procurement audits as needed jointly with the Quality Assurance Specialist. The Buyer works within Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) ensuring the consistency and quality of the products as well as efficient operation of the Production Department.
· Evaluate Supplier quotes and services
· Prepares and processes purchasing orders.
· Maintains cooperative working relationship with Suppliers to stay current with trends and technologies, products and services.
· Manages suppliers for specific commodity.
· Resolves problems and issues arising from purchases of goods, services, supplies and equipment with internal and external customers.
· Monitors On-Time-Deliveries (OTD)
· Expedite shipments
· Prepares documentation for product to be Returned to Vendor (RTV)
· Must be a strong team player
· Must be able to work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
· Achieve cost reduction initiatives
Experience and/or Education: 4-8 years of experience in the field or related area. Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required. APICS or ISM certifications a plus but not required.
· Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures.
· Procurement experience in an MRP environment
· Fundamentals in Procurement
· Possess analytical skills
· Possess decision-making skills
· Math Skills: Basic math skills will be required to analyze prices
· Review, analyze and interpret various reports
· Ability to multi-task.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Build, develop, motivate, and engage highly performing teams and work cross-functionally.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Be willing to raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
· Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER