Technical Support Technician I
- 25820 US-2, Sandpoint, ID 83864, USA
Thorne is a health and technology company that is disrupting prevention and wellness. By combining dietary and lifestyle recommendations with nutritional supplement intervention, Thorne is at the forefront of personalized health, with a mission to help consumers take control of their health and live a healthy life. Thorne provides at-home biomarker tests to bring the doctor to the consumer’s home. By leveraging its sophisticated analytical software, Thorne helps consumers uncover health insights and confidently take action to optimize health outcomes. Based on individual test results, Thorne’s technology and team can deliver a personalized plan on what to eat, how to exercise, and which Thorne supplements to take.
Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content, and is the proud partner of a number of U.S. National Teams, including U.S. Soccer, USA Hockey, and USA Triathlon. Thorne is one of the fastest growing supplement companies, and is rated the top practitioner-dispensed brand among 30-40 year-olds. For more information visit https://www.thorne.com/.
THIS POSITION INCLUDES A RETENTION BONUS
The Technical Support Technician I is responsible for providing first level contact and issue resolution, in conjunction with the Technical Support Technician II, for all users with hardware, software and application problems.
- Utilize technical skills to provide assistance to internal customers in resolving problems that cover a multitude of technical disciplines.
- Monitor, prioritize, and respond to help requests received through the Company’s trouble ticket process.
- Manage PC setup and deployment using standard hardware, images, and software.
- Consistently contribute to the propagation and maintenance of company’s technical knowledge base.
- Follow necessary procedures for the processing of incoming and outgoing employees
- Perform light lifting or transporting of company assets, up to 50 lbs.
- Travel to company’s other sites to provide support, as needed
- Collaborate with management in developing technical directions, setting objectives, and setting realistic and challenging goals
- Promote an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture promoting openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
- Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
- Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
- Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education:
High School diploma or equivalent. 1+ years providing support in a technical environment.
• Excellent understanding of computers (both hardware and software)
• Exceptional documentation skills
• Demonstrated willingness to learn and apply new technology
• Ability to deal effectively with people in a wide variety of situations
• Self-starter and independent
• Team oriented and results driven
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
• Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
• Possess good interpersonal skills.
• Engage others in a positive manner.
• Possess strong attention to detail.
• Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
• Raise issues and concerns promptly.
• Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
• Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
• Language Ability: Able to read and understand English at a highly technical and proficient level. Follows instructions, verbal and written, and communicates effectively with manager, fellow employees, and sales force. Can communicate professionally, both orally and in writing, with internal and third-party customers.
• Computer and Technical Skills: Able to use the equipment and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Being able to meet the Physical Demands of the job is an essential duty of the job.
• Employees at Thorne Research perform the Responsibilities of their jobs in various manufacturing, warehousing, and administrative areas. The various departments at Thorne Research include Production, Operations, Quality, Accounting/Finance, Medical Affairs, Administration, Information Technology, Maintenance, Engineering, Customer Service, and Sales.
• The Responsibilities of the job, as described in the above section, and the department in which the employee works, will determine what the Physical Demands of the job are. An employee will learn what the Physical Demands of the job are as the employee learns how to satisfactorily perform the Responsibilities of the job.
• Employee are expected to meet the Physical Demands of their job, which is an essential duty of this job. If requested and deemed appropriate, Thorne Research will provide a reasonable accommodation to a disabled employee to meet the Physical Demands of the job.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER