Facilities Maintenance Technician
- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, SC, us
Thorne is a health and technology company that is disrupting prevention and wellness. By combining dietary and lifestyle recommendations with nutritional supplement intervention, Thorne is at the forefront of personalized health, with a mission to help consumers take control of their health and live a healthy life. Thorne provides at-home biomarker tests to bring the doctor to the consumer’s home. By leveraging its sophisticated analytical software, Thorne helps consumers uncover health insights and confidently take action to optimize health outcomes. Based on individual test results, Thorne’s technology and team can deliver a personalized plan on what to eat, how to exercise, and which Thorne supplements to take.
Thorne is the only supplement manufacturer to collaborate with Mayo Clinic on wellness research and content, and is the proud partner of a number of U.S. National Teams, including U.S. Soccer, USA Hockey, and USA Triathlon. Thorne is one of the fastest growing supplement companies, and is rated the top practitioner-dispensed brand among 30-40 year-olds. For more information visit https://www.thorne.com/.
Thorne Research seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for a Facilities Maintenance Technician position. This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of Thorne buildings, grounds, utilities, and equipment.
- Perform semi-skilled installation and repair work in maintenance electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, and HVAC.
- Complete and document routine service requests, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance tasks at appropriate intervals and by assigned due dates to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Complete minor remodeling and equipment installation projects.
- Coordinate outside vendor service calls and minor projects
- Coordinate with contractors performing repairs, modifications, and installations of production equipment
- Assist with development of preventative maintenance SOPs
- Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications
- Support production equipment maintenance
- Assist in projects for facility modification, capacity expansion, and efficiency improvements
- Provides on-call support as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in commercial facility operations and maintenance in addition to a minimum of 2 years of experience in at least two of the following building trade specialties: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Mechanics, or Pneumatics
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and strictly enforced Safety Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications in English
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work various shifts, hours and days depending on workload
- Previous experience in Nutritional Supplement, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Food manufacturing facilities
- Associates degree in a relevant technical field, or completion of a formal apprenticeship
- Licensing or trades certification in areas of expertise
- Current EPA Universal CFC certification
- Experience operating Building Control Software
- Experience working with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER