- Sandpoint, ID
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in
providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
The Shipping Technician follows established shipping department procedures and performs specific duties based on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) for the Shipping Department.
· Employee becomes knowledgeable of the applicable provisions of the Shipping Department’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and follows them. Employee remains knowledgeable on an ongoing and timely basis as changes in the SOPs and GMPs occur.
· Employee is at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, completes assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
· Employee knows and follows the Shipping Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Employee pays attention to detail. Employee completes paperwork accurately, neatly and fully.
· Employee becomes cross-trained and willingly works in different areas as assigned.
· Employee gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Employee responds appropriately to criticism and instructions from supervisors. Employee follows the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. Promotes the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative and results-oriented culture promoting customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust and respect.
· Employee picks a wide variety of orders accurately and quickly, following all company procedures.
· Employee maintains order integrity while efficiently emptying carts and packing orders in a neat manner.
· Employee accurately and efficiently processes orders and demonstrates attention to detail (for example, verifying address and ship method before processing).
· Employee is consistent in their work, follows through with their work and sees projects or daily responsibilities through to a satisfactory end without supervision.
· Employee observes the daily flow of the department and determines which job duty has priority.
· Employee performs other duties as assigned.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Promote an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture promoting openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand written directions in English, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
Math Ability: Employee has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in the units of measurement used in the Shipping Department, using whole numbers and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Employee is able to sufficiently concentrate to distinguish between 300+ product codes and individual product lot numbers every time a product is pulled. Employee is able to determine the most suitable packaging material and filling of a package in preparing customer orders for shipment.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee is able to use a hand calculator to conduct product inventory, and computer systems (UPS, FEDEX, and inventory/order processing).
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER