Manager, Customer Insights and Strategy
- New York, NY
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to
improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over
30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in
providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including
foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional
supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging
cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate
WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for
practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
The Manager, Customer Insights & Strategy assists with defining and supporting the overall marketing strategy for Thorne Research. The Manager, Customer Insights and Strategy will work directly with the Vice President, Marketing to help establish a data-first driven culture across the marketing and sales teams at Thorne to drive customer retention, customer acquisition, and revenues. This role will be responsible for turning data into insights to get a deep understanding of our target audiences in order to help internal stakeholders understand how we should best reach and communicate with our customers. In addition, this role will assess how impactful our marketing efforts have been on our business, and ultimately recommend how we can further optimize our marketing efforts.
- Own the overall relationship with customers, working collaboratively to drive adoption of best practices, ensure retention, improve satisfaction, and inspire customer loyalty.
- Conduct on-going operational and business reviews and engage with multiple levels/teams with the customer organization.
- Identify, communicate, and grow upsell opportunities and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Ensure product alignment by keeping customers informed of key product features, new product releases, and future product roadmap.
- Understand and discuss a complex product and identify ways to streamline customer workflows.
- Identify common customer challenges and proactively suggest better solutions.
- Be the customer’s advocate at Thorne, regularly communicating needs and issues cross-departmentally to drive product development and improvements.
- Cultivate customer champions, reference customers and case studies.
- Regularly analyze key account metrics and identify new growth areas.
- Exemplify an outcome/ results-oriented approach.
- Empathize with every aspect of the customer experience, putting customers’ needs first.
Experience and/or Education: Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years relevant work experience, with 1+ years of experience in SaaS customer success required.
Language Ability: Able to read and understand Thorne Research product literature. Able to follow instructions, communicate effectively with management, fellow consultants and customers, and convey understandable and concise messages.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee can use the equipment and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
· Understanding of consumer packaged goods (natural supplements and/or other) and/or pharmaceutical promotional and clinical practices.
· Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption.
· Strong interpersonal skills and experience building strong internal and external relationships.
· Facilitation and presentation skills for both local and remote presentations and training
· Proven track record of customer success in a dynamic, start-up environment.
· Diplomacy, tact, and grace under pressure when working through customer issues.
· Eager to learn, adapt and better your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
· Data driven - highly analytical and very comfortable with large volumes of data and analysis tools
· Familiarity with eCommerce and inventory management is preferred.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER