Quality Control Analyst I
- Sandpoint, ID
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to
improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over
30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in
providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including
foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional
supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging
cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate
WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for
practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
Perform specific duties and responsibilities based on standard operating procedures, good laboratory practices, and good manufacturing practices to ensure the consistency and quality of Thorne Research products. Follow established department and company procedures to correctly, efficiently, and accurately analyze products in a timely manner.
· Perform quality control analysis of incoming raw materials, work-in-progress, finished goods, and other materials as required.
· Work under general supervision to perform certain chemical analyses; determines the physical and chemical properties of compounds using qualitative and quantitative techniques.
· Is knowledgeable with particular scientific instrumentation techniques; as well as respective software.
· Relies on instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of assigned tasks.
· Follow laboratory standard operating procedures; attention to detail is essential.
· Complete and maintain all required documentation for procedures, recording work, and results.
· Monitor and insures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulations as well as all company policies and procedures.
· Perform basic, routine analytical preparations and assays. Prepare solutions, samples, and reagents. Demonstrates the ability to reproduce results accurately and consistently.
· Procure all supplies needed to perform required duties. Maintains a proper inventory of supplies.
· Keep other laboratory personnel informed as to the status of analyses, lab supplies, and equipment usage.
· Perform all laboratory housekeeping and cleaning duties.
· Assist with departmental needs and vacancies.
· Required to be at work as scheduled; starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, and completes assigned tasks in a timely manner. Work overtime as required.
· Employee gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Employee responds appropriately to instruction and criticism from supervisors. Employee follows the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
· Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
· Actively participate in required training, development programs, and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Associates or Bachelor Degree preferred.
Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand the QC Department’s Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) Laboratory, and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
Math Ability: Employee has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers and decimals.
Reasoning Ability: Employee has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists and can interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee has the ability to learn to use company’s computer to perform lab programs.
· Must possess a high degree of scientific integrity.
· Possess the ability to deliver on assigned tasks within requested timeframes.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER