Product Data Specialist
- Sandpoint, ID
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
Follows established procedures to coordinate and perform activities involved with maintaining formulas and bills of material (BOMs) for Thorne Research products. Develops and maintains Master Formulas, Master Manufacturing Records (MMRs), specifications, and product master files. Ensures consistency and quality of product as well as efficient maintenance and tracking of product changes.
· Employee becomes knowledgeable of the applicable provisions of the department’s standard operating procedures (SOPs) and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) and follows them. Employee remains knowledgeable on an ongoing and timely basis as changes in the SOPs and GMPs occur.
· Employee is at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, completes assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
· Employee knows and follows department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Employee pays attention to detail. Employee completes paperwork accurately, neatly, and fully.
· Employee gets along with co-workers and supervisors. Employee responds appropriately to criticism and instructions from supervisors. Employee follows the Standards of Conduct as outlined in the latest version of the Thorne Research Employee Handbook.
· Promotes the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative and results-oriented culture promoting customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust and respect.
· Actively participates in all required training and development programs and electives as may suit one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Develops, maintains, and manages changes to the product formulas (including, master formulas) of both Thorne product and products made by Thorne for others (contract customers). For each product item code, accounts for purity and activity values as well as scientific rationale for overages.
· Generates and manages BOMs linked to product formulas. Manages the change process for any approved changes ensuring that revisions to formulas and BOMs are accurate and up-to-date.
· Develops, verifies, and maintains MMRs, ensuring correct formula is represented.
· Develops and maintains specifications, including raw materials, packaging components, labels, outside contract manufacturing (OCM), and empty capsule specifications.
· Responsible for creating and maintaining product development records such as new formula worksheets and new packaging work sheets. Performs new product and new item setup, formula changes, and product discontinuance tasks through change control system and ERP system , ensuring all applicable individuals are notified.
· ERP system: Assists with ongoing implementation tasks related to ERPsystem, including continued testing and system verification. Provides training on ERP system as necessary.
· Works with Art department to review and verify product formulas and labels.
· Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Promote an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture promoting openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
· Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
· Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. Two-year college degree in science and three years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand written directions in English, including SOPs, GMPs, and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively.
Math Ability: Employee has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measurement, using whole numbers and decimals.
·Reasoning Ability: Employee has the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee has knowledge of Microsoft products such as Word and Excel, as well as the ability to learn the accounting system utilized at Thorne Research.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER