- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, SC, United States
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
Responsible for planning, prioritizing, and participating in the installation, setup, maintenance and repair of all production equipment and utilities
· Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and participate in the work of staff responsible for the installation, setup, repair and maintenance of Thorne manufacturing equipment and utilities.
· Establish schedules, methods, and inspections to ensure all equipment is maintained to maximize production availability, remains in as-designed and/or validated states at all times, and operates in a constant state of inspection readiness in compliance with cGMP requirements.
· Perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance mechanic/technician and machinist duties.
· Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications
· Coordinate and oversee work performed by outside contractors and vendors
· Participate in the defining and development of standards, policies and procedures, as well as staffing and capital needs.
· Provide after-hours and weekend support for Thorne production and maintenance activities as required
· Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety, environmental practices, area processes, and waste reduction opportunities
· Know and follow the Maintenance Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Build and lead a highly performing team, secure the best talent, develop and strengthen staff and future leaders, and provide ongoing coaching and feedback.
· Conduct formal and informal performance assessments of staff, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors and leadership potential, and seek the same for self.
· Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suit one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. 6 years of hands-on production equipment maintenance experience as a mechanic/technician is required. 2 years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing facility is required.
Associates or bachelor’s degree in a relevant area is preferred. Previous experience in cGMP Nutraceutical, Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Food manufacturing preferred. Previous experience using a CMMS to manage work is preferred.
Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand written directions in English, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver upon business objectives within stated timeframes.
· Ability to build, develop, motivate and engage high-performance teams and work cross-functionally.
· Good interpersonal skills. Ability to engage others in a positive manner.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and communication skills. Ability to document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Ability to supervise and manage others, to appropriately delegate and follow-up on work assignments. Willingness to raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Ability to formally assess talent, hire new staff, conduct formal and informal performance assessments, and address non-performing staff.
· Ability to work independently with little direction in a fast paced environment.
· Strong knowledge of computers and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER