Maintenance Mechanic-1st Shift
- Summerville, SC
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of all production mechanical equipment, facilities, and utilities.
· Support the maintenance, operation, and repair of all production related systems and equipment by ensuring:
· All preventative maintenance is performed at the appropriate interval and is completed by the assigned due dates
· All equipment remains in its designed and/or validated state at all times
· All equipment is maintained to maximize availability
· Work is completed in accordance with SOPs and equipment manufacturer service guidelines
· Promptly address mechanical breakdown issues, equipment adjustments, and equipment change outs
· Maintain all assigned equipment areas in a constant state of inspection-readiness, including cleanliness, safety, and compliance with cGMP requirements.
· Coordinate with contractors performing repairs, modifications, and installations of production equipment
· Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications
· Assist in projects for facility modification, capacity expansion, and efficiency improvements
· Demonstrates a working knowledge of the Thorne facilities and maintenance equipment, and demonstrates initiative to report damage or potential problems with equipment or grounds in a timely manner.
· Keeps supervisor informed of project status and recognizes the need to ask for help in order to achieve goals.
· Employee is at work as scheduled, starts work at the beginning of a shift, is on time to meetings, completes assigned tasks in a timely manner, and works overtime as required.
· Demonstrates initiative and job knowledge by suggesting ideas, discovering new and better ways of accomplishing goals and finds innovative, well thought-out solutions to problems
· Employee knows and follows the Maintenance Department policies and procedures and Thorne Research policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
· Promote an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture promoting openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
· Seek formal and informal performance assessments of self, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors, and leadership potential.
· Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suits one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is required. Technical degree or certificate is preferred. 4 years of maintenance experience in manufacturing maintenance is required. Previous experience in Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, or Food manufacturing preferred.
Language Ability: Employee is able to read and understand written directions in English, including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), and the Thorne Research Employee Handbook. The employee follows instructions, both verbal and written, and communicates effectively with supervisors and fellow employees.
Math Ability: Employee has the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in the units of measurement used in the Maintenance Department, using whole numbers and decimals (for example, grams).
Reasoning Ability: During disassembly and assembly of machines, employee is able to discern that the parts and tools are the correct ones for the tasks at hand.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee has the ability to use a computer to receive and submit work requests, document work, send/receive email, research parts, and complete basic calculations accurately.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of the job.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER