- Summerville, SC
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to
improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over
30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in
providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including
foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional
supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging
cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate
WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for
practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Sanitation Manager develops and administers policies and procedures pertaining to production and facility sanitation and hygiene. Directly manages personnel involved in both facility and operations sanitation. This includes ensuring all necessary components/resources are available and capable to meet and improve established sanitation standards and goals, and that all sanitation operations are in compliance with cGMP, OSHA and other federal, state and local regulations.
· Coordinate the daily activities of facility and operations sanitation personnel in accordance with compliance, quality, and productivity goals (all shifts).
· Demonstrates the ability to provide ongoing written and oral direction and clarity to production supervisors, operators and sanitation personnel.
· Responsible for scheduling facility and production sanitation activities including personnel, hours, and equipment utilization.
· Ensures all necessary components and resources are available to meet production sanitation requirements in compliance with established quality standards and goals.
· Continually updates Senior Operations Manager on compliance issues, quality, production goals, and equipment.
· Ensures production equipment, facility equipment and work areas are cleaned and/or sanitized in accordance with cGMP practices.
· Assists in coordinating with quality assurance, quality control, and lab personnel to ensure that quality issues relating to cleaning and sanitation are addressed in a timely manner.
· Manages vendor relationships to procure and engage the services of pest control companies.
· Demonstrates the ability to create, review and approve sanitation procedures, including sanitation materials in accordance with cGMP and Thorne guidelines.
· Under the direction of the Senior Operations Manager, ensures training is reasonably continuous, timely, and conducted before employees begin new tasks. Ensures that department training records are kept up-to-date.
· Develops teamwork with other departments, communicates goals to the department, sets the pace and is proactive.
· Demonstrates the ability to audit areas of sanitation operation for safety concerns.
· Performs other duties as may be assigned.
· Build and lead a highly performing team, secure the best talent, develop and strengthen staff and future leaders, and provide ongoing coaching and feedback.
· Conduct formal and informal performance assessments of staff, including performance versus expectations and goals, behaviors and leadership potential, and seek the same for self.
· Actively participate in required training and development programs and electives as suit one’s needs, and support colleagues, trainers, and management as appropriate with these efforts.
· Promote the Company’s Mission and Values, including an accountable, innovative, and results-oriented culture that promotes customer service, openness, teamwork, mutual trust, and respect.
Experience and/or Education: By training, education and/or experience, employee must be able to perform the essential duties of the job. High school diploma or general education degree (GED). College degree preferred. Experience with FDA, ISO and/or GMP standards preferred. Experience in building and leading high-performance team(s) desirable.
Reasoning Ability: Employee must be able to evaluate the proper balance of quality, cost and production output to make good decisions, yet be able to take the decision to a higher level of management when the risks to compliance, quality, cost and production are significant.
Computer and Technical Skills: Employee can use the equipment and software required to accomplish the responsibilities of the position.
· Employee must have ability to learn and manage several areas of manufacturing, including: Mixing, High Speed Encapsulation, Low Speed Encapsulation, Bottling, and Labeling. Employee must be able to become knowledgeable of production components, raw materials and product powders. Employee must become knowledgeable in Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Supervise and manage others, delegate appropriately, and follow-up on work assignments.
· Assess talent, hire new staff, conduct formal and informal performance assessments, and address employee non-performance.
· Develop and deliver on assigned objectives within requested timeframes.
· Work cooperatively with managers in other departments.
· Possess good interpersonal skills.
· Engage others in a positive manner.
· Possess strong attention to detail.
· Possess strong verbal and communication skills.
· Raise issues and concerns promptly.
· Document and present work in a clear and concise manner.
· Work independently with minimal direction and oversight.
· Possess knowledge of the computers and software required to accomplish the Responsibilities of the job.
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER