Facilities Maintenance Technician
- 620 Omni Industrial Boulevard, Summerville, SC, us
Thorne is a personalized health solutions company dedicated to improving individual outcomes through science and technology. For over 30 years, Thorne has led the nutritional supplement industry in providing researched-based, high-quality natural products, including foundational vitamins and minerals, therapeutic-focused nutritional supplements, and NSF Certified for Sport products. By leveraging cutting-edge research and personalized data through affiliate WellnessFX, Thorne offers customized preventive health solutions for practitioners, their patients, and athletes.
Thorne Research seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for a Facilities Maintenance Technician position. This position is responsible for maintenance and repair of Thorne buildings, grounds, utilities, and equipment.
- Perform semi-skilled installation and repair work in maintenance electrical, plumbing, carpentry, mechanics, and HVAC.
- Complete and document routine service requests, equipment inspections and preventative maintenance tasks at appropriate intervals and by assigned due dates to ensure safe and efficient operations.
- Complete minor remodeling and equipment installation projects.
- Coordinate outside vendor service calls and minor projects
- Coordinate with contractors performing repairs, modifications, and installations of production equipment
- Assist with development of preventative maintenance SOPs
- Work with Production, Engineering, and Quality on new system installations or modifications
- Support production equipment maintenance
- Assist in projects for facility modification, capacity expansion, and efficiency improvements
- Provides on-call support as assigned
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in commercial facility operations and maintenance in addition to a minimum of 2 years of experience in at least two of the following building trade specialties: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Carpentry, Mechanics, or Pneumatics
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office products
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and strictly enforced Safety Procedures, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications in English
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Ability to work various shifts, hours and days depending on workload
- Previous experience in Nutritional Supplement, Pharmaceutical, Biotech, or Food manufacturing facilities
- Associates degree in a relevant technical field, or completion of a formal apprenticeship
- Licensing or trades certification in areas of expertise
- Current EPA Universal CFC certification
- Experience operating Building Control Software
- Experience working with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
THORNE RESEARCH IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER