EEG Technician - Poughkeepsie, NY
- Main St, Poughkeepsie, NY, USA
The Opportunity - EEG Technician
We are an exciting, work-life balanced, patient-focused organization in the Westchester, Putnam and surrounding areas looking to add to our wonderful teams! We hope you consider joining with us as we continue to provide unrivaled healthcare in our shared communities. This role is a full-time day shift position located in Poughkeepsie, NY. Monday - Friday. Mostly 8:30am - 5:30pm.
We are seeking compassionate EEG Techs to join with and be an integral part of one of our outstanding teams! Send us your resume...!
As an EEG technician with our organization, you'll provide doctors with information about the brain activity of patients. Your primary duty is the administration of the EEG test (electroencephalogram), where you'll place electrodes on the patient's scalp and then provide stimuli (typically lights or breathing exercises) and measure the brain's responses. Doctors use these reports to aid in the diagnosis of brain damage or medical conditions such as epilepsy.
Other Duties may include:
• Performs EEG studies on outpatients such as: applying electrodes on the scalp, troubleshooting, and recognition of abnormal brain wave patterns.
• Performs daily computer file and EEG recording management including archiving daily.
• Ensures the integrity of the recording and security of the recording. Prepares all study’s and sends to providers.
• Performs activation procedures such as photic stimulation and hyperventilation.
• Responsible for the integrity of the equipment and recognizes problems/malfunctions with the equipment. Makes patient safe decision if any questions with the integrity of the equipment.
• Responsible for notifying supervisor or provider of patient status and changes.
• Participates in quality and safety programs and standards for all patients and staff.
• Performs EEG recordings after proper patient preparation of electrodes and per provider orders.
• Performs data analysis of EEG study.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Degree certificate in Electroencephalography. Prefer one (1) year of experience and able to perform all EEG recordings and manipulations that are normally presented to a patient based on the type of EEG recording ordered. Must be able to perform special maneuvers during the recording as ordered such as photic stimulation and hyperventilation and other maneuvers as ordered.
Compensation: $25.00 to $32.00/hour and commensurate with experience. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Excellent benefits and other incentives provided.