- E 34th St, New York, NY 10016, USA
Great opportunity to work with an established, cutting-edge, work-life balanced organization! If you want to be part of a team that works hard, takes pride in their work, and has a collaborative spirit, then please consider applying with us...we look forward to hearing from you...!
We welcome and look forward to your application.
As the Nurse Manager you will be the go to person in our NYC office. Located right in midtown NYC, with a wonderful work environment and dedicated teams, this is a great opportunity to join a well established healthcare organization!
CLINICAL PRACTICE/PATIENT CARE
1. Responsible for excellence in the clinical practice & the delivery of patient care;
2. Assesses & identifies the needs for & assists with program development;
3. Develops & maintains an environment that supports excellent in clinical practice;
4. Maintains a high level of clinical excellence in his/her specialty;
1. Participates in the preparation, monitoring, analyzing & maintenance of annual salaries, OTPS, & capital budgets for all assigned departments;
2. Establishes yearly goals for assigned department & develops a plan for meeting departmental goals considering human & material resources;
3. Evaluates the impact of proposed new programs on department and develops a plan to implement new programs accordingly;
4. Evaluates the impact of new programs that have been implemented;
TEACHING & EDUCATION
1. Uses clinical & professional management knowledge & skills to educate both clinical & non-clinical staff & others effectively (e.g., via written information, face-to-face communication, phone communication);
2. Continuously evaluates the results of education & modifies the teaching plan based on outcomes;
3. Designs & implements educational activities that are appropriate & consistent with our policies & practice, & which supports excellence in patient care.
1. Maintains appropriate & timely documentation of interactions with staff as per our policies;
2. Completes a probationary evaluation form after 90 days of employment for all newly hired and/or transferred staff;
3. Completes annual performance evaluations of clinical & non-clinical staff
4. Completes all necessary Human Resources forms (Request for Personnel, Payroll Change Form, etc.) accurately & in a timely manner.
1. Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills, particularly when urgent/emergent or unexpected clinical or administrative events arise in order to maintain both the smooth functioning of the department(s) & patient/personnel safety;
2. Delegates tasks & responsibilities to appropriate personnel based on educational level, ability, & defined job functions;
3. Provides direction to personnel & performs an ongoing evaluation of their performance;
4. Identifies opportunities for staff performance improvement & implements correction action plans as needed;
5. Designates a Patient Care Manager to oversee the charge nurse, & intervene in administrative issues as needed, in the absence of the Department Patient Care Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program with current licensure as a nurse in New York State and current NYS registration in good standing, and/or BS in related field, i.e. Health Care/Business Administration. Record of prior stable employment and/or favorable references.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: At least two years of recent pertinent and professional clinical management experience in a hospital, medical office, or other clinical setting.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Excellent benefits and other incentives provided.